Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > General Automotive Talk

Old 02-12-2006, 12:14 PM   #1
Pork Chop Express

Car: 1997 Mazda Astina Hatch
Damn Taxi Drivers - They Rule The Road

Got into an accident just yesterday. Taxi driver was pulled over to the side in the left lane, me being in the right lane had nothing to worry about. Taxi pulls out to turn right into the side street but doesn't see me coming.

I slam on the breaks and hit the front right of his car. As all taxis are beaten up anyway so you couldn't even tell that I hit him. But my front bumper bar cracked and the front left panel (on top of the wheel) is damaged.

He offered me $300 for the damage and said it was a simple paint job. I was sympathetic to him because he said that it's his first day on the job, and the boss said that he would get fired if he damaged the car. He came out saying sorry sorry sorry.... I said I would get a quote and give it to him to keep the insurance out of this.

I rang him this morning to give him the quote. He said that he wouldn't pay it ($1500 - including labour and new bumper.. how much is a new bumper?) and that it wasn't his fault. "... I was going straight and you hit me.. I never said sorry or anything..." .. He even friggen said.. ".. I spoke to my friend and he said that you can pay for your own excess on your insurance and that will cover the damage..."

Friggen... I rang insurance straight after his phone call.

I am happy that the car will get fixed at no cost to me (as I am rating 1 for life - and they have waived the excess charge), but what I'm ****ty about is that if the cost to repair is cheaper than any legal/court costs, the insurance will cover it. ...... Meaning, I'll never get a chance to prove I am right... I want my day in COURT with that taxi driver and I want to break him down..

I'm not knocking any ethnic background or type of occupation, but the majority of taxi drivers I see do have a very particular odour about them, and they all seem to think the own the road. I apologise to anyone that reads this and is a taxi driver, or knows one or has a family member that is one, but right now i can't stand them...

.................. It's likely that I'll be catching a taxi to and from the insurance repairer.......
Old 02-12-2006, 12:21 PM   #2
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
A cabby did this to me once, except it was much worse for me being in the left lane as I got CRUNCHED between him and the big limestone gutters up here in Paddington. Anyhow, I got out of the car calling this guy a F'n C't, you name it, etc. But I made sure I did the exchanging of details with his written claim as being at fault. I was a little upset at the time, as the car had been rear ended 9 days earlier while parked at a redlight with foot on brake...

Anyhow, the good thing these days is that most ppl have mobile phones which record voice and can take pictures of the accident scene. Or you can ring someon as a witness, and put the phone on speaker so he has no comeback that way... Not exactly what your mind is on at the time. But if you make use of the technology you've got at hand, it can really condem the person in the wrong.

Gav.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 12:34 PM   #3
Noble323
E74A

Car: SP20
Lol, that reminds me when my brother first got his P about 3yrs ago he was driving and was raining at the same time, he was stopped at the red light and a taxi in front, so it went green - he drove normal the the taxi slammed on the brakes and my brother hit him from the back, and i swear the taxi already looked like it was hit (lol) after a little argument - he wanted to go through insurence, anyways my bro got a bill of $2600, they were charging things that never got touch in the small accident all it was the rear bar and exhaust (lol they charged me bro for paint on the roof), at the end they argred to $850 for my brother to pay, WOOW Haaa from 2500 to 850 big different. Sorry just had to share that .
Noble323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 04:17 PM   #4
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
or you could report it to the police and they'll find out who was at fault, simply by taking statements from both drivers and looking at both cars. they'll soon find you who was lieing and who isn't.

ryan
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote