Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Technology + Gaming

Old 29-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #1
RustyKaos

Car: 1998 BA 323 Astina Hardtop
Iphone 4

So who is going to get there one tonight? I will order mine tomorrow as I can't be arsed waiting in line and vodafone are taking orders from 8am tomorrow.

Come challenge me. I dare ya.
RustyKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 29-07-2010, 07:50 PM   #2
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
A little birdie tells me that Vodaphone only has 1000 of them for their Australian stores....so be prepared for a big wait!

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #3
scott b

Car: 2003 Subaru Impreza RS
Send a message via MSN to scott b
i already put my name down about a month ago at a store so im hoping i get a call 2moro about it

Click to go to my Readers Ride

^ Nothing like that anymore :P ^
scott b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 08:30 PM   #4
Clean_Cookie
obsessed-incomplete-broke

Car: BA Hardtop/Hatch
yay. another over-rated over hyped apple release. personally they should be around $500 buy out... then i would consider one!

until then jarrod have fun with this little clip haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg
Old 29-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
astie

Car: astina ba
give us a review once u get ur hands on it! i'm keen to get one too!
astie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 09:22 PM   #6
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
im getting one 2moro 2 hopefully
ryan, man HTC, no matter what it comes out with, is not a iphone the aftermarket support is what won me back. i had a 3g, got rid of it for a different, better hardwared phone (its hardware is on par with the iphone4 right now and its a year old lol) but the OS, overall usability and lack of apps lost me.. hence why im gatting one 2moro!
Old 29-07-2010, 10:14 PM   #7
Rix

Car: 1997 Mazda Astina Ba
Send a message via MSN to Rix
pfft, was following it all closely until i started to read out the reception issues, was having issues with my current 3gs reception so on tuesday i signed myself up for the HTC desire and I'm loving it. Girlfriend loves her new 3gs so its win win, may consider the iPhone 5/6 if they improve dramatically
Old 29-07-2010, 10:30 PM   #8
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
And I'll be sticking to Nokia's... plus my contract dont run out till August 2011, and the N97 is still a nice phone (when you have the iPhone theme )
Old 29-07-2010, 10:31 PM   #9
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

lol the reception thng, dont get me started on that one man.. its not a issue if ppl use the bumper like they are MEANT to it was said from the start that the SS antenna needs to be protected and bound with the "bumpers" they are giving with the phone.. this is just like the toyota issue (unintended acceleration) after a independant body in america did a study on this they found from all the data loggers in the cars that were recalled after accidents that ALL of them were DRIVER error, not toyotas fault (the peddals registered properly like they would wen you press it) enjoy your HTC for the next 24 months mate i know il enjoy the phone that has over 200K downloadable things for it (not that i will use video chat + i will get unlimited optus to optus free calls with the new optus cap )
Old 29-07-2010, 10:40 PM   #10
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
gee you fags must get hard ons for these phones.

Seriously it's phone - oh NO sorry - it's your life - as you dont' have a real one.

I seriosuly dont' get it. Then again I'm a man and my fingers are too big and too strong for a phone in which you need to have no hard bits or broken bits to operate.

IMO I just dont' get it. I need hone ot call someone - YEs - text sMS yes - maybe take a photo and send it. Fine. Email - why ? I know some people use it in business - they tried toget me to join on at work for this. why I work at one place, all I need is Technical drwings of the item. Photos are for children.

It's just the way I see it soo many people with phones and features they don't need to say what I got one.

Seriously I'll get one - when it gives me a blow job. I suggest some of you try it. I think it's why some of you haven't had nice drug induced Orgy fest.

I really dont' understand - half the owners don't have even a plan - al lon pre-paid yet they can afford a $1000 phone. ?
hmm I get plan for 12-24months over all cost is say $1250 - I get free phone.
or I buy a fancy $900 phone plus I get pre paid at $30 -$50 a month. A week ?
hmm
No wonder Gen Y and country are in debt.

I whinge about my debts on some week to week things but mainly due to large investments. I dont' bother with Phones I think Isaw today you can play soccer on it with your foot ?
himm I think I'd rather Get with Real people and Real football and then Go and sit down at the pub and watch a game.

but don't worry just have astinagt sticker on you in the city - so if I see you doing that **** I don't walk up and knock you out. I can't wait to do it. I already made some teen run away because he was doign something stupid when walked into me because he was looking at his phone not where he was going.

oh and if any of you can wokr out a reason why and how a phone will make my life better and cheaper - Or most important Actually GET ME MORE PUSSY. (remember only gold diggers who want to string you care for this crap) Just because you have great phone - won't work like telling a chick or showing her - I wear size 16 shoes baby.

So explain to me how I need these great phones.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 11:01 PM   #11
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

you dont need this phone or any phone for that matter if you dont want it. but for me, i spend 2 hours a day on public transport, so i need something i can listen music of, i need something i can catch up on emails with, i need something i can entertain my self with. the reason why i got the original iphone is cus my ipod died and i needed a new one, so i got the iphone instead cus my phone was on its way out as well... and i have never had a phone without a contract thats just stupid.. why buy a phone outright THEN pay for calls?? and impressing women with a gadget?? that wasnt even during school for me.. on the football note, i go pig n whistle and drink and watch football with my mates, they are diehard arsenal fans (the league i follow isnt shown here on tv lol)
btw there is probably a app to view tech drawings on the iphone
Old 29-07-2010, 11:23 PM   #12
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
I feel sorry for my friend whom has an iPhone [now out of date], iPod, iPod Nano, Tel$tra iHub [gay Tel$tra version of iPad by the looks], and a few other music players and storage devices to keep him poor and wondering where he left the dam things...

If someone is sensible enough to get a single device that can do most/if not all of that, it sounds like a good idea. I Just use my Nokia 5800 for calls, SMS, GPS, emails, Youtube, and web browsing if I'm board enough. I could use it for music [which is it's main thing] and camera phone too if I CBF'd. It costs less than half the price per month as the iPhone, and does free GPS.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 12:02 AM   #13
Kat X

Car: Two BA1s
Yeah, iphones are a bit meh.. The whole apple dealio is meh

Sure, they do a lot of stuff, but it's not stuff you /need/ as such.. It all becomes a perceived neccessity, and I'm totally happy to stick with the tech I already have until it's actually obsolote- not when deemed so by mighty overlord steve jobs Course I don't do the public transport thing, so there you go.

And the seemingly endless minor hardware updates that become an entire new version? Meh. Mega meh. Early adopters. P'shaw And what thte eff were they thinking calling anything an /iPad/

Probably also doesn't help that I live and work in an area with terrrible coverage that makes using mobile intertubies an expensive exercise in futility.
Kat X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 05:32 AM   #14
mkid

Car: BK 3 SP23
Send a message via MSN to mkid
never had i iphone and i dont want one
mainly because i dont see the point in forking out that much money
when you could get something similar that is a better phone for less
and isnt theres problems with the newone
3GS had the battery problems where it got hot and only lasted a few hours
4G cant be turned on its side or you will lose reception so has to always stand up
for the money id buy a nokia and spend the rest on a good day out
or on the car
mkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 06:09 AM   #15
RustyKaos

Car: 1998 BA 323 Astina Hardtop
Whoa what a range of reactions.

I am getting one as my current iphone is dying in the arse and my contract is up so I am needing a new phone. As for the antenna issues... meh I always have a case on it so won't worry me. Was thinking about going with Vodafone again but by the sounds of it they might have low stock. :S

Come challenge me. I dare ya.
RustyKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 06:52 AM   #16
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

the i8910 that i have riht now is awesome, does awesome GPS (which is another device i no longer have to buy as it is running garmin, but i was quite happy with the GPS on the iphone 3g cus i didnt have to buy maps lol)

and i have never BOUGHT a fone when i can get it FREE on a plan that has more money included in calls than prepaid (free time, internet etc)
Old 30-07-2010, 07:20 AM   #17
bourbon
The Hairy Mod

Car: MINI Cooper S 2003
i thought the iphone thing was a gimic when the first one came out...then i got the 3GS and i doubt ill look at another phone...

and ive never had issues with reception other than that of the telco company...i get the same reception as everyone else on the same carrier so cant complain about that...

as for rodhog, there is nothing wrong with wanting to get a phone be it a nokia, samsung or even an iphone...as long as you can use it as a phone who cares about the extra features...i myself like to be able to have internet at my fingers tips when im not at home, and i also like getting emails when not at home either and saves me having to always jump onto the comptuer at home to check them...
bourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 07:32 AM   #18
mkid

ive got a nokia navigator which has everything i need and use
camera, bluetooth to send stuff to mates (which iphone doesent have), GPS which updates itself with maps and gives traffic and crash warnings, etc
battery also lasts 5 days if i only txt
i have a mate whom use to work at apple store, he told me the reason iphone doesent have bluetooth that can connect to other phones is due to the money they make from making people get internet plans to send data.
also a lot of iphones get return because they keep malifunctioning and if you have one that hasent have to go to get fixed in its life your lucky
however these are his experiences and if you believe them is up to you
he told me to stay away from them and i know a s!@# load of people that have had to bring them back with every issue under the sun
if i wanted a iphone id get a blackberry they have been doing it longer and better
but thats me
Old 30-07-2010, 08:04 AM   #19
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

i know of a few ppl that had problems with them too.. i also know a few ppl that died in a car accident and from cancer, but that doesnt stop me from driving or smoking or drinking or going to the beach.. i never had a problem with one im same as bourbon on this one. also the bluetooth data sending is not due to them wanting u to use a network to send it (iphone 3g had bluetooth, i used to play sht on my mates bluetooth bass tube all the time) the reason it didnt work for sending is cus apple is very stringent and diligent with DMR, and if they could write a code that recognizes DW songs and stops them from being used in itunes they would. but thats just not possible cus a MP3 that is downloaded was originaly ripped from a cd and they cannot stop people backing up their own data. problm comes when ppl dont delete the data after they sell the original or they distribute the copy.
Old 30-07-2010, 09:11 AM   #20
mkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70NYD View Post
i know of a few ppl that had problems with them too.. i also know a few ppl that died in a car accident and from cancer, but that doesnt stop me from driving or smoking or drinking or going to the beach...
true that mate
but the bluetooth thing is what he told me i dont know if its true or not
but its what his boss told him then told me
ive been in the shop and asked his boss what he thought of the ipad
he told me its just a money making gimick that works very well

ive got a ipod tho and its great easy to use, big memory etc
and never had a problem with it
but i dont want it as a phone as well is all