Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Mazda Specific Talk

Old 12-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
Tommei

Car: Cressida, Corolla, Sigma
Searching for that Mazda 323

Hi everyone,

Im new here. Ive been browsing the site for some time and I thought i would be great to join when I own my Mazda.
There is one particular Mazda that I am searching for. I dont even remember the full name of it but I do know it was a Mazda 323.

It was around 5 years ago when I was browsing carsales and came across a super unique 3 door BD Mazda 323 (I shouldve snatched it up quickly instead of searching for one now lol).
It was factory yellow, came with factory body kit, mesh wheels, special badging (I think) and some other outstanding differences to the normal BD 323.
To my memory it was some special edition one of the dealers in Melbourne or was it a local race car driver created. Supposedly only 12 ever created.

I have some saved pics of it, so I will try and dig them out. But was wondering if anyone can provide some insight. Would love to own one of them.

Cheers, Tommy

Last edited by Tommei; 12-01-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Tommei is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2011, 10:46 PM   #2
so fresh

Car: 92 astina 323 bg & 01 SP20
naughtygt has one i fink 4wd turbo ask him bout it mate, he's very FREINDLY
Old 13-01-2011, 07:27 AM   #3
NaughtyGT

Car: Sooby B4 - Astina SP parting out
Hi Tommy. Would luv to help but this is an earlier model than anyone has had recently on this, or any other forum. Chicaboo & I both have the BF twi cam turbocharged models from factory. Quite different.

That yellow BD in the pics you've provided doesn't give much clew to the running gear.

Mazda BD's had a few SS badged variants ie: twin carb autos & 5 Speeds. Also they did a "white lightning" option which was a turbocharged 1.5L SOHC engine. Most were carb models & were not very reliable. Some were fuel injected & were the better choice.

As I said, Chicaboo & I have the later BF B6T models. Far more powerful. The Mazda was SS badged & also known as the GT. The Ford TX3 Chicaboo has is the Ford equivalent. Both are FWD & lighter than the 4WD GTX models. I have owned both. I still have the rolling shell of the GT. Over 100kgs less weight than the GTX

Cheers,
Tim

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
NaughtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 11:20 AM   #4
Tommei

Car: Cressida, Corolla, Sigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtyGT View Post
Hi Tommy. Would luv to help but this is an earlier model than anyone has had recently on this, or any other forum. Chicaboo & I both have the BF twi cam turbocharged models from factory. Quite different.

That yellow BD in the pics you've provided doesn't give much clew to the running gear.

Mazda BD's had a few SS badged variants ie: twin carb autos & 5 Speeds. Also they did a "white lightning" option which was a turbocharged 1.5L SOHC engine. Most were carb models & were not very reliable. Some were fuel injected & were the better choice.

As I said, Chicaboo & I have the later BF B6T models. Far more powerful. The Mazda was SS badged & also known as the GT. The Ford TX3 Chicaboo has is the Ford equivalent. Both are FWD & lighter than the 4WD GTX models. I have owned both. I still have the rolling shell of the GT. Over 100kgs less weight than the GTX

Cheers,
Tim
Hi Tim,

Thanks for the fantastic info. I will keep a look out for one of these, even the "white lightening" version you mentioned. I thought the owner of that BD might be on these forums lol.
My father used to have a carb 323 BD sedan. Most "reliable" car ever. It was an A to B car and it was never serviced for 400.000 + kilometres. Still started and drove, only thing wrong was that the timing, choke, everything was out of wack lol, but it still drove and thats what counted :P

I have a AE92 corolla with a 4agte myself, but would happily ditch that for something like the BD in my pics.
Tommei is offline   Reply With Quote