Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Classifieds > For Sale/Wanted

Old 10-06-2011, 06:52 AM   #1
rollin_dubs13

Car: Mazda BA V6 Astina
FS: [SA] EL Sport Damper v0 shocks + El sport bestex springs Top shelf handling

FS: Top Shelf JDM Luck - EL Sport Damper V0 Shocks + El Sport Bestex Motorsport Springs - $800 This is really the ultimate Astina suspension package and comes complete ready to bolt in. Read below for more details:

More Info
The EL Sport Damper V0 shocks are custom made by Luck Japan using thick shaft monotube bilstein shocks. The shocks are valved to suit the optional El Sport Spec Bestex Springs to give the best possible handling. The shocks alone retail for over $3200 in Japan before shipping to Australia. http://www.luck.co.jp/ and click on El Sport link

The shocks are fitted with El Sport spec Bestex Motorsport Springs and are some of the best springs to come out of Japan. The model fitted to these shocks are over $600. http://www.bestex-spring.co.jp/

The shocks were removed from my BA Astina V6 Hatch prior to sale will fit 4CYL/V6 and may fit other models I believe.

Last edited by rollin_dubs13; 10-06-2011 at 06:53 AM. Reason: TO ADD VEHICLE TYPE
rollin_dubs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #2
Clean_Cookie
obsessed-incomplete-broke

Car: BA Hardtop/Hatch
interested, just wanting to know if you could give some specific (more) details on how they actually felt in the car and how old they are...
Old 10-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #3
rollin_dubs13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3_racer_001 View Post
interested, just wanting to know if you could give some specific (more) details on how they actually felt in the car and how old they are...
The suspension felt fantastic in the car definately the best handling combination I have experienced in a BA Hatch. I bought the shocks for big $$$ in mint condition, under 5,000kms use, not sure exactly how many kms I did on them, considering the Astina wasn't my daily ride would have 10000kms tops.

I originally got the car with stock suspension and upgraded to the usual King Springs everyone fits but they were terrible. The King Springs were actually too short to be captive in the strut without external clamping, this was reported to King Springs through the distributor and even the remodeled replacements never felt great handling wise. I tried several shock combinations from stock > KYB Excel-G > Koni Yellow with the external damper adjusters with the springs.

I then picked up a new set of Eibach Red Springs and tried with each of the shock combinations which was a fantastic improvement, the King Springs were given the flick straight away After the Eibach I tried full adjustable coilovers but these were a little harsh for street duties which made me change again.

Finally I bought the El Sport suspension as I had a friend who had used their suspension in the past on his import and never turned back. The ride quality is excellent extremely stable and turns the Astina into a go kart. I also like the fact they are Bilstein inserts so come the day you need to rebuild or revalve if you change springs one day it can be done cheap locally. My car had SuperPro bushes in all the control arms, trailing arms etc with camber bolts on the front and a rear 20mm swaybar fitted just to give you an idea of the suspension mods when the shocks were fitted.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 17-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #4
stock is best

Car: 97' Astina BA Hatch
Would u take $600 plus postage? Miranda nsw, 2228
stock is best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #5
rollin_dubs13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock is best View Post
Would u take $600 plus postage? Miranda nsw, 2228
Thank you for your offer, I have had an offer of my asking price pending payment in a couple of weeks atm. I can let you know if the sale falls through
Old 19-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #6
stock is best

Thanks
Old 04-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #7
stock is best

Did these ever sell? i'm still keen
Old 04-07-2011, 08:11 PM   #8