Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Off Topic

Old 14-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #21
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
You are the one who needs to be professional here.
Send one last itemized invoice and stress that until payment is received that your work is your intellectual property.

Don't do any thing stupid. He could just call the police and you'll find yourself arrested.
Old 14-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #22
TheMAN

Car: .
and if you're really serious about making a business out of this, you need to:
1) draft contracts so that any work contracted to you is a legally binding agreement between you and the client
2) take deposits to protect yourself against loss of wages
3) retain a collections agency... if they go deadbeat on you, use the collections agency to f*** up their credit

my friend is in the IT consulting business... he lost a lot of money from deadbeats before... he now has a collections agency to protect him against deadbeats
Old 14-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #23
Ben

Car: MPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
my bro does that job.. great money in it..

this reminds me of my mums boyfriend who takes photo for real esate agents. he takes the photos, they use them, yet doesnt get paid or they try rip him off, he cant get mad and have a go at them or he will lose business with them.. :/

in this word you will always deal was tightarses and people trying to rip you off, like today i got a $9 plate of chinese which i could whatever i want on it.. the place was fkn tiny and then she had a go at me for putting to much on :/
people trying to be tight arses everywhereee!
Dont get me started with photography (A huge passion of mine) everyone wants a photoshoot for free. I do not send out any of my images (or graphic design work) until i receive payment. Which is what i have done in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMAN View Post
I think it's reasonable to ask for a deposit
if they flake out, you didn't do all that work for nothing!
I should have asked for a deposit when i started. I will be changing the way i do things now for my graphic design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo Dude View Post
You are the one who needs to be professional here.
Send one last itemized invoice and stress that until payment is received that your work is your intellectual property.

Don't do any thing stupid. He could just call the police and you'll find yourself arrested.
I'm not sending him anything. I really don't care for his business anymore, its easier if i let him think "he's won" by having the last word. I've only sent him samples along the way (Small files in png format) However, he can still easily publish them online, and i will be monitoring his website and Facebook and i see any i will be reporting them and sending him a copy of the copyright laws (Which i have, good being a student!) I'm still winning, my portfolio got bigger out of this still. Even though its not what he "Wanted"

I will however contact him if any money appears, but until then. He's rubbish to me.

Also, i don't plan on making a business out of this. I plan to work for a company when i complete uni. If i can find work on my own its "Pocket money"
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote