Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Performance & General Maintenance

Old 31-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
Samsara

Car: 2003 BJ-II 323 Astina Hatch
Engine and Gearbox mounts

Hey everyone, did a search of the forums, and couldn't find a specific post for engine and gearbox mounts, so here is my question:

What brands of aftermarket performance engine and gearbox mounts are there for the 2003 Astina? (1.8L, V4 Auto slushbox)

I think i have heard of some, but can't remember the name of them.

I just found out yesterday that both my gearbox mounts are buggered, havent checked my rear engine mount yet, but i figure its worth replacing them all.

Thanks guys

Last edited by Samsara; 31-08-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Samsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 31-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
Rhys

Car: 2000 BJ Protege
AWR and SLS sell aftermarket ones. Alternatively you could get some crazy resin and glue your current ones up.

I have AWR 95's for the front and rear in my car and an SLS for the side. Got a standard gearbox one for if/when I put the G series in.
The side mount makes a heap of difference in wheel hop even though it's buggered because one of the bolts came out and now the rubber is stuffed =(

The AWR 95's are not as bad for vibrations as everyone makes them out to be. I barely notice them at all unless I'm in stop-start traffic. They make a buttload of difference in acceleration though. No hesitation while the engine flops about haha.
Rhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #3
Ice88

Car: Blue SP20
No one's brave (:P) enough to make mounts for the auto box. So youd need to go with stock gearbox mounts and either continue the trend or go for some aftermarket mounts.

AWR or Street Unit make mounts still. SU mounts are billet and arent as stiff as AWRs softest. AWR mounts when new are really stiff but they break in nicely over time. Im kinda sad I didnt get stiffer mounts tbh.
Old 31-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #4
TheMAN

Car: .
AWR and SLS driver side mounts will not fit because he has an auto

gearbox mounts may fit

SLS mounts are crap anyway, don't even bother suggesting it! AWRs are the only good mounts to get

you're crazy if you're saying 95 durometer doesn't have vibrations... I rode in plenty of these cars with 70 to 95 durometer, they all had NOTICEABLE vibrations