Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > General Automotive Talk

Old 26-07-2009, 02:22 AM   #1
dosh

Car: 1998 BA Astina
Apprenticeship Advice.. sorta

Hey Guys,
i dont know if this would be the right place to be asking this but i thought i'd just throw it out there lol.
Does anyone know if it would be possible to do 2 Apprenticeships at once? like Light Mech & Panel B. was just curious haha
Old 26-07-2009, 06:51 AM   #2
Ghoru

Car: '92 BG Astina Sp
i dont think you would be able to do the hours required a week

http://www.eveonline.com/
Ghoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009, 01:16 AM   #3
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
you can especially if they relate - Eg same core sections of subjects or national training recognition subjects.

Eg - OHS in one may over the other. YOu get Recognised pryor learning.

I did my last apprenticship or trade cert in - 2.5 years including tafe.
because of both backdating and - because my over time is counted as hours.

It will also vary under what award it's under. As both are automotive it should be easy to transfer, related subjects etc.

It's not like one is automotive the other is textiles.
So both will be either state or fedderal depending on what automtive come under I think it's a state award.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009, 07:56 AM   #4
Ghoru

and again i say you might not have the time....its a lot of work doing one apprenticeship...2 would be pretty hardcore and you may not find an employer/s who will be happy to do all the stuffing around to organise hours ect

Old 27-07-2009, 04:20 PM   #5
dosh

Car: 1998 BA Astina
mmm i guess so but i was thinking maybe cause they were in the same industry (like wat rodhog said), i thought u coudl do them both at the same time, cause i know that u can do panel beating as a 3 week course and yeah
Old 27-07-2009, 05:10 PM   #6
Ghoru

from what i know from mates they would need to be pretty similar, try contacting tafe or something and find out, get it straight from the horses mouth

Old 27-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #7
mike_d87
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Astina
You need to get work skills signed off by an employer before you get your trade certificate, that is the only thing stopping you. Most would need you to be working full time for a while before they're comfortable signing off.
mike_d87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009, 09:50 PM   #8
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_d87 View Post
You need to get work skills signed off by an employer before you get your trade certificate, that is the only thing stopping you. Most would need you to be working full time for a while before they're comfortable signing off.
the way it is at the moment, skills shortage means if your lucky - an well it helps if your older -or old - speak english - extremely competent. YOu can get things signed off with no trouble.

On some Trade courses the employers are really only looking ot take advanatge of the free money - EX - your tax deduction on the book as your in training so your wage is half cost to the company. And depending on the Government industry award your in - you get the either two $500 payments or Tools for tradies - or the real great one the $1000 payments for 2 years.
Your company gets for 1st year under 21 in NSW - state award finished first year, up to $5000 - 2nd year - $3000 and 3rd and finals is $3000 also.

If anyone out there does such a thing Do reminds them of this. Because if your good they do say your only an apprentice but, you can always point out but you save them money and make money so when your finished they should come to party. And if not you hang for min 6 months - 1 year and then You find a new home.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote