BG 1990 SOHC - The White Flash... aka. Shazza

GISS-90BG’s AstinaGT Forums Photo Gallery
BG 1990 SOHC - The White Flash... aka. Shazza

MAZDA ASTINA 323 1990 BG
  • SOHC
  • White
  • 5spd manual
  • 16x,xxxkms

The decision has been made to spend money on the Astina and get modding. Stay tuned.

MODS (Thus far...)
Interior pack (Start of silver/grey interior theme.)
AstinaGT.com sticker
SAS Gear Knob and performance pedals

P.S I'm listing absoloutely everything I do to the car here so that in 6 months time I can look back and see exactly what I've changed.

MODS (Near future)
Exhaust
Rims and lowering.
GT spoiler
Jap spec tail lights
Sleepy eye conversion
Window tint

RUNNING BLOG:
Random notes and thoughts on the car as they come...

5/11
Fresh piccies taken in a local carpark. Had some great lighting. Enjoy.

10/10
- Last weekend I went down to SuperCheap Auto and bought new gear knob and cover, and a new accelerator pedal designed to stick out further to make Heel-Toeing easier. Happy with the results and the car is really starting to feel like it's mine. Exhaust comes next...

25/9
- Made the decision to spend money on the Astina and put future Supra aspirations on hold, at least for a while. Will be spending as it comes but trying to keep the bank balance approximately in the green. Kinda' hoping that the need/want to save will stop me pissing away on useless stuff anway - eating out, expensive beer (Tooheys New here we come) and needless shopping.

23/9
- Went for a cruise with AstinaGT.com guys from Adelaide last week in the hills and again with the SASupra club today. Learned alot about the car; how it responds to hard cornering and how to shift and gear select to keep it in the power band. Very happy with how she backs up after a good flogging!

Click Thumbnail to Enlarge.
BG 1990 SOHC - The White Flash... aka. Shazza - Photo 2285 BG 1990 SOHC - The White Flash... aka. Shazza - Photo 2286 BG 1990 SOHC - The White Flash... aka. Shazza - Photo 2287 BG 1990 SOHC - The White Flash... aka. Shazza - Photo 2288 BG 1990 SOHC - The White Flash... aka. Shazza - Photo 2289
Gallery Statistics
Member: GISS-90BG
Created: 29-08-2007 10:03 PM
Last Modified: 05-11-2007 03:20 PM
Views: 3186
Comments: 6

Comments
Author Comment Date
GISS-90BG This car has been sold now, unfortunately mate. Moved on to bigger and better things but I still loved it to pieces! 04-07-2008
d5.lam Nice job mate. Your progress on the car is similar to mine so it looks like we can be best buds then ^^. I have '93 BH though, so i think its DOHC? 21-05-2008
RedLineResident Get to know the astina. When you push it to its absolute limit and get bored then modify and improve it. Repeat process until you are 3 years wiser and more experienced before getting a supra. Too many ponies too soon could spell disaster. 07-09-2007
Sam_323 haha... same dreams as me and my sis with the supra, doors look simila to what i did to my white BG-blue swade.
i reckon thats a newer dash aswell, different colour to the 90's BG...
31-08-2007
RedLineResident Your granny drove a 5speed, that is impressive. Good buy, low k's and very tidy, congrats man. 30-08-2007
twilightprotege ducks nuts? 17-05-2005