Thread: Fuel additive
View Single Post
Old 30-10-2009, 10:47 PM   #15
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
yepp thats awesome i can see that the marketing team over at bp/shell/caltex did their job convincing ppl, well some ppl, that 98 is the best thing for any car.. awesome keep wasting your money especialy if the car is designed for let say 91.. (talk about overkill much)
there is no point arguing this, some ppl have their hart set on something, and truly beleive the benifits, they will get benifits (tho it may be a placibo, whatever makes u sleep at night )

i said this before, i wont say it again..

oh and as for the ethanols weaker power, yeah its got a smaller energy rating, so you will spend more of it to get same as petrol, but combine that with the 4c/l cheaper and you are on the same leg (but u have slightly higher octane than 95 (the lowest mainstream available in qld, well where iv been anyway, we dont have pure 91 here anymore)
u cant have power and economy, thats imposible, petrol engines you will be LUCKY if u get 35% efficiency out of them (well more like geting a nobel price lol) if u want more power u have to spend more fuel..
im just suprised it took THIS long for the direct injection petrol to come out.
most efficient (as per PV diagrams) is a combination between spark ignition and direct injection to have a spark ignition to raise the pressure, then inject the remaining fuel to prolong the burn and pressure thru volume change..

Last edited by 70NYD; 30-10-2009 at 10:54 PM.
70NYD is offline   Reply With Quote