View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
NaughtyGT

Car: Sooby B4 - Astina SP parting out
Fork, if you do even contemplate boosting an SP20, there is a heap to consider. Guyz over @ MX6.com, particularly Jesse (Jesiotrot) has, or had a 626 wagon & I can't remember the donk he had but it handled the turbo with higher comp. It was one particular engine. Pretty sure it was a 2.0L, not sure on model though?

When you boost with anything over 9:1 comp, you have to consider firstly the EMS you will use. You can't simply use your stock management system. Then there is the legalities/engineer cert to consider.

Safest advice @ this stage, aside from working out the expense would be to consider a half-cut so you have the complete turbo system so to speak. The loom/engine/turbo etc. Then you have to wire it in so your instrumentationj works etc.

This is why I suggested looking @ previous threads &/or straight out asking the guyz on performance forums. State what $ you have & where your @ with car & what you want from it.

Lastly, you need to factor in add ons such as heavier clutch, brakes maybe? Suspension? At least look into it. All the best

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
NaughtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote