View Single Post
Old 30-01-2014, 04:24 PM   #10
Dutchy

Car: BG Astina SP Turbo
Send a message via MSN to Dutchy
Derb that box sounds hardcore! I bet it would take more than the 250hp you speak of if it had too! I vaguely remember people throwing around a rough number that the g-series boxes will handle stock?? Cant remember exatly? 220-230 or somewhere there rings a bell, can anyone confirm?

Yeah I am looking to go a bit cheaper than that though, the 3rd gear upgrade would be really nice (anyone got one for sale cheap?). I actually have another toy that takes the focus of my finances, so the asti doesnt get full reign anymore.

I have done alot of reading over the last couple of days too, which has given me confidence that this rebuild wont be tooo hard... I talk to some local gbox rebuilders and the answer were pretty blatant "No, Holden or Ford RWD or nothing" (Damn Regional!). A trip to the local Mazda dealer armed with some info proved much more helpful. Seems that most of the parts can be obtained on a pretty short timeframe by order. Prices actually being semi reasonable.

So now i am interested in knowing key points of wear. So far i have synchonizer rings 1-3 with 4,5 and rev being generally ok. Diff bearings and gear shaft bearings, driveshaft and input shaft seals. Though I am still unsure about the selector hubs or selector as a wear point. Is the selector hub the same as a gear clutch hub assembly? Do any of the clips or washers wear in there too?

Getting deep now!! Thanks again for your replys