View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #9
Nix323

Car: 1995 Mazda ba 323
How can I trick my current ecu into thinking its still an auto when I put the manual in?

Sorry I really can't afford to buy extra parts.

I have a second car and it is also not on the road, iv so far poured nearly a grand into them combined

So if I trick the ecu, what parts will I need to just change the box?

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alemenara View Post
Hi nikki,

The main problem is that you have a 95 (series I/II) BA and you're swapping in bits from a 97 (Series III). I may be wrong here but if you wanted a pain free swap the easiest way to do it would be to remove the motor and gearbox as 1 piece and drop it into your 95, the front harness and wiring loom changed in series 3, as did the injectors, cams and lifters, you could however try and trick the auto ecu into thinking its an auto, but since you have the whole car why not swap the whole lot?

You will need the crossmembers from your donor car, the master cylinder, pedal box, ecu (if you take this you need the engine and loom), gearbox & driveshafts, engine mounts, the gear knob asembly, the centre console and the cluster.

I'd recommend replacing the clutch whilst you have it all out and apart with an exedy or npc Heavy Duty clutch since it will be an easy job whilst its all apart (that way you know its not going to go on you ever again). Give the motor a full service whilst its out of the car (Timing belt, water pump, oils, oil filter, fuel filter, spark plugs etc.).

Theres also a high possibility that you may need to drill into the firewall to make the necessary hole for the clutch pedal (however i may be wrong, i'd ask clean cookie as his project hatch used to be an auto).

If you don't want the engine out of the donor car then i'd suggest searching for a manual Series 1/2 ECU.
Nix323 is offline   Reply With Quote