View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 07:05 PM   #42
LordWorm

Car: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB0984
i have now ordered a hiclone and will see if this helps with the fuel consumption issue, it will hopefully give a bit more power aswell. I will let you guys know how it goes.
be sure to before and after dyno it...

From what I can tell (and i'm no engineer, just a skeptic from way back) the boost in fuel economy is due to a REDUCTION in flow of air (reduce the flow of air, the MAF more or less instructs the ECU to add less fuel and you go backwards in power...)

This ties in with people saying it reduces induction noise...probably because its slowing the air down and baffling it.

Remember, the goal is to achieve laminar flow..which is undisturbed, non-turbulent flow of air. By "spinning" the air you are mucking around with this.

Not saying it *wont* work, but just saying get it on the dyno with and without it and just see whether its giving you better fuel economy by robbing you of power

They offer a money back guarentee so if it doesn't live up to your expectations, you can always send it back - so worth while having a look at, at the very least let us know how you go with it

Need parts? Contact sales@b3motorsports.com
LordWorm is offline   Reply With Quote