View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 11:42 AM   #37
so fresh

Car: 92 astina 323 bg & 01 SP20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevaclone View Post
I fitted a Pod to the BG SP today. Cheap. Neat and tidy. No cutting involved and looks better than the pod jammed onto the end of the AFM

Took out the original air box and the cold air intake tubing(from behind the inner guard), and there is a huge hole there. I had a 90deg bend bit of 3inch exhaust pipe(Unused intake tube from my Land Cruiser turbo install, painted in hammertone grey)

You can buy alloy 90deg bends in 3 inch from Autobarn, also a piece of rubber tube to fit over it and the AFM adaptor

I fitted the 90deg tubing to the pod, dropped it into the space and then fitted the rubber tubing over the the 90deg and the adapter on the AFM and clamped it all up tight
I then cut the original cold air tubing right at the bottom of the "U" bend and re fitted it. It stops the pod moving about also

Then just made up a cover for the hole where the pod is fitted out of a piece of 5mm rubber sheeting. Cut to fit the shape of the top of the hole then some cutouts for the 90deg and the cold air tubing.
Made a couple of small holes in line with the original air box mountings and bolted it down
Then just cable tied the AFM to the airbox mounting stud to hold it from moving.

It should get plenty of cold air from around the headlights and through the original cold air intake and avoid getting much, if any, hot air from the engine. Looks neat and I didn't have to cut any holes in the body work.

Might redo the rubber cover in black plastic sheet to give a more factory look and seal it off better from the engine bay and direct more air from behind the headlights down into the space

The induction sound being low freqs it can still be heard quite well even covered up
i would'nt mind seeing some pics of it mate,seems like something that i would'nt mind doing myself