View Single Post
Old 17-10-2011, 11:14 PM   #126
familiagtx

Car: Mazda BJ SP20 Turbocharged
i have been running my car for 1-2 years now with a completely stock FS-DE unopened with 9-11psi with success.

driven daily without fail.

for the boost that I am running I should be creating more power, but I have a very sensible tune with very good AFR ratios that is about maximum fuel economy and has additional decreasing timing on boost.

like spykey, both our cars were done by Hi-Comp Performance Engines and Tuning in sydney. (http://www.hicomp.com.au)

I kept to the factory usa mazdaspeed conversion, and spykey has gone with the ebay full custom kit.

after the conversion, the famous g-series 5spd gearbox worries me more than the block having a hissy fit.

having owned various early lasers and 323's and familia gtx awd, i know all too well about the g-series gearset and their eggshell gearbox housings.

im glad with the bj/kq with g-series 5spd, the gearbox casing has been redesigned and looks more beefier than the early 90's. shame that it still has the same internals, but thats another story.

----

Rabz_Rox,

I agree with everyone else here, if your mechanic couldnt get your car running reasonable with the factory electronics and immediately turned to aftermarket ecu, thats an expensive option to get to the same result as another switched on mechanic fixing your car properly.
familiagtx is offline   Reply With Quote