View Single Post
Old 14-03-2015, 11:47 PM   #5
barreljan

Car: 323F (BA) 2.5V6 Turbo!
Mounted the boostcontroller and hooked it up to the wastegate and compressor side of the turbo.

A picture of where we at

We testfitted and tested and tested, oh and tested, with a mockup bumper to see whats needed to adjust or change. At the end the original front bumper with the
Postert front spoiler (or lip whatever you call it) fits nicely. The brackets and all the supports are there including the bonnet catch.

The oil feed clamp in place nice and tidy

The coolant piping worked out to be like this and works as it should.

A view from the front

Last but not least, we had to rearrange the powersteering cooler again. You probably won't know it, but with 225 wide semi-slicks steering becomes heavy so the
powersteering will not be removed. My brother was being creative with 12mm copper piping and a bending iron. He came up with this:

The oil catch-can to meet the regulations of Time Attack. To prevent a "sump-dump" or to catch oil that is forced throug the sumpbreating piping.

And a new airfilter is recommended

We had a issue with the cooling fan. Now the turbo is taking in some space the original fan could not be used. Luckily we had an A/C fan lying around from another
project and that fits barely. It will do for now and we saw that it had a blade extra so it hauls more air past the radiator. I can tell you by now, it does it's job with
ease. On the dyno and track it held temperatures @ 88 degrees exact

Setting up the base fuelpressure. This was made after a lucky shot of dialing it in. Normaly it should be arround 3 to 3.5 bar.

The startup is not on video. The only video we have is that it wouldn't start. After some quick checks we noticed it had no spark. Researched told me that we missed
the wire as mentioned earlier as the cam-angle sensor. Strangly it should hook up with the same input as the crank-angle sensor. This made it spark and it turned around
before dying out.

The fuel map was waaaaay to rich Getting it to idle was a hard job. No one on the Internetz had the same settings. But after some good guessing I set up the spark
advance table first. Then it was time time dial down the fuel on the idle rpm's. At some point it was stable but I was intoxicated by heavy fuel-rich fumes so had to go
home, eventhough the workshop overhead door was open.

For some extra good guessing I made up an fuelmap based on the idle load and the manifold pressure at boost and tried to make a nice table. The day later tested it on
the street for a short period. It was going like hell! But we noticed on higher rpm's it will be so rich, sparks were put out so back to the shop and leave it like this for the
guys at the dyno to do the mapping.

T3/T04E turbo | Turbosmart wastegate&blowoff | Stratified ECU | Millenia-S inj. | Mfactory LSD | Ksport 8pot 330mm | Ksport coilovers | Fidanza | And more..
barreljan is offline   Reply With Quote