View Single Post
Old 15-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #17
NaughtyGT

Car: Sooby B4 - Astina SP parting out
Quote:
Originally Posted by morganluke View Post
The STi box is definitely stronger... They get the infamous 6sp

Should sign up to subyclub.com

Morgan I was referring to the earlier STI's. The 6 speed box you refer to were'nt available in the 90's era. That would be the replacement box of choice for sure if the time came. I hope it won't though.

The 5 speeds I referred to were these 90's model STi's/Rex's etc. There somewhat similar I think to the one in the B4? Maybe there not. I'll have to do some more research when I have some time off. I don't think they're all that weak though. Abusive tramping/gear changes aren't necessary. The 6 speed box's give a slower quarter mile time too. The reason behind the EVO's quicker time I am on a few good forums. I'll take a look @ this one you suggest. Thanks

Forum info sometimes must be taken with a grain of salt too. Some knowlegable folk sure but also, there's half-truth's flying around. Always is. Sooby oxners are also infamous for the 'flat gear change'. Personally, I think it's crazy but that's me. If you abuse any clutch/box, it'll break/wear unless you modify it with internals above stock spec.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

Last edited by NaughtyGT; 15-08-2013 at 08:41 AM.
NaughtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote