Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Interior & Electrics

Old 11-07-2019, 10:29 AM   #1
coffeescoffer

Car: mazda323 , xtrail ,honda grom
Question backup cam

I am installing a backup camera in my mazda 323 astina 2002 and can find the back up light but need to know the colour of the power wire and its ground.The power line to the light that gives it power when you select reverse. As i want that to switch it on rather than have it on all the time. I can ground it some other way if needed. I do have all I need to do the job.
I have chosen a position for the cam that is directly over to tow ball and should give my hubby a good view. I have chosen not to put it on the license plate as it would involve too much mucking about to get the wires running to it an I did have the consideration that the plate light might wreck the cameras view. I am hopeful some one can tell me the wire colours as the info I have gotten on searches varies. It is an Ausy spec car.
coffeescoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 27-08-2019, 02:16 PM   #2
coffeescoffer

Car: mazda323 , xtrail ,honda grom
Arrow Done

Ok so no replies. So I took a gamble on the most commonly suggested colours of the wires and it did not work, so I got a cig lighter plug from Jaycar (with fuse) and some re and black wire and connected the backup cam up. Works wonderfully and hubby is happy Now I can move onto my Grom mods.
coffeescoffer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backup cam, colour, wire