Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Performance & General Maintenance

Old 14-09-2005, 06:15 PM   #21
boostedbatman
Manpink Crusader

Car: 1990 GD mx6 F2T, and soon I might drive the batmoobile once again
Send a message via MSN to boostedbatman
Might end up cheaper getting a purpose built set in the end
Whats the bore of the Mitsu engine??
boostedbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2005, 06:36 PM   #22
pinger

Car: 1997 White Astina V6
Ok have just had the FSE Rising Rate Fuel Pressure regulator done. Can definitely notice the power delivery change a little bit.

Next up I think I am going to go with shocks and lowering slightly, maybe the swaybars while I am there
pinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2005, 09:59 PM   #23
kfze

Car: CBAEP with KFZE
Send a message via Yahoo to kfze
Smile

Hi all,

I am from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, and currently driving a Lantis (Astina) with a KF V6 Type R.

Been following this thread for sometime now. Done small mods on the car i.e. custom 2 inch piping, Apexi with heat shield. All these has been giving me a nice improvement overall.

Interested in doing the fuel regulator thing. But I dun have the know-how of doing it. Over in malaysia, those tuners do not really know about mazda K series engines, so, I do have the confidence of them doing my car (except for simple ones).

Can anyone shares some pix or a diagram on the installation of a fuel regulator in the KF engine. Where do I put it ? Which hose to connect to ? How to make it a dual fuel rail ?

Would deeply appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers !
kfze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2005, 05:50 PM   #24
boostedbatman
Manpink Crusader

Hey KFZE glad you are joining us
I have attached a piccy of the dual feed setup I got from probetalk
You should be able to get an adapter for the regulator from the place you buy it from
you needd one for the KL, K8, or the KF
You may find it easier to get one for the MX6 or Ford Probe (both should fit)
You just pull out the stock regulator from the end of the front fuelrail and slide the new one with New O ring into the rail.
They will be difficult to pull out and replace but just take your time and be gentle it will pull out in time
Be sure to lubricate the O ring before install or you will never get it in

Last edited by boostedbatman; 18-11-2005 at 05:57 PM.
Old 19-11-2005, 12:10 PM   #25
kfze

HI there,

Thanks for the pix. I can't identify which is the right connection for the fuel rail. Hmm...is it on the engine cover ?

By the way, attached are some pix on my KF. Planning to bolt on some KL engine parts on it e.g. KL throttle body, KL curved neck intake manifold, KL exhaust manifold. I do not know whether this will make any improvements though.......

[IMG]lantis_V6_01.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]Lantis_V6_05.jpg[/IMG]
Old 19-11-2005, 12:11 PM   #26
kfze

How do you attached pix into the reply ?

Can someone guide me ?

cheers !
Old 19-11-2005, 02:27 PM   #27
boostedbatman
Manpink Crusader

You need to load them up to some webspace or other place eg picturetrail then use the "Insert Image" tab and link with pictures address which can be found by right clicking the pic and going to properties and you will have it
Its a bit weird at first but easy once you have done it before
The KL parts NEED to be thopse off the KL-ZE (JDM) or they wont be as good a gain as you may be hoping for
The KL exhaust manifold will be a waste of time as they are as small as the KF plus the KF manifold has the Cat convertors attached and the KL engine has one inline so you would end up with none and thats naughty
All the else though will give you a mild gain over the KF

The fuel rail is red and the regulator is the bit on the end of my engine in the pic which is yet to be set up for the dual feed

Old 20-11-2005, 12:46 AM   #28
kfze

Thanks mate !

I will try to load the pix on Monday from office. Internet connection my home is slow.

I just found where the injectors were located. There is a little device on the right (if the engine bay is in front of you). Is that the original fuel regulator ? So, the aftermarket fuel regulator should be place somewhere around there ?

About using KL parts, yup, the parts were source from a JDM KLZE 200hp. The code on the throttle body is KL63. And the intake manifold is the curved neck (I can't remember the code though).

Wonder whether we can just use the piston head from KL to a KF engine....
You must be wondering why dun I just buy the whole engine and transplant in ......well, over here in Malaysia, if we transplant a new engine, the max capacity is only 25% above your original engine. And its a risk and more expensive to do that.

What other parts can be use from a KL to a KF ? Bore and stroke ? Cams perhaps ?