Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Forced Induction & Engine Conversions

Old 19-03-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
Raving

Car: BP powered Mazda Etude | Lantis Type R
KLZE into BA Hatch - questions :/

Got a JDM Lantis Type R that I overheated the KFZE in just before xmas, and managed to pick-up a cheap Eunos 800 donor so gonna use it as an excuse to upgrade

So far, as I understand it, i "should" be able to run the KL on the KF engine management (possibly with a FPR to up the fuel a bit) and MAF sensor, and if I use the straight neck intake manifold, the VRIS points should pretty much match up. This is all fine and dandy, and will be what I do if I can't find a better plug-n-play solution, BUT...

The Eunos 500 is, as far as I can tell, a BA coupe, yes? I've seen a couple of these now with K8's in them, running JE50 VAF's... Now i know there are big differences in the BA's between the BP and KF dash and cabin looms, but what about the K8's vs KF's? Is it the same dash/cabin loom and just different engine looms? or are these different again?

If the K8 engine loom plugs into the KF BA's dash and cabin loom, remembering that they both came out of a BA, then this would be a HUGE step towards swapping to proper KL engine management... The question for anyone that might know, is... does it? or is this something nobody has looked at yet?
Raving is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 20-03-2009, 08:38 AM   #2
Dogo

Car: Mazda 323 BA BPT transplant
I would try to use the new engine's computer if possible - you safe yourself from potential future nightmares and you know you're getting decent power out of the engine.
Old 20-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #3
Raving

I want to, it's just the KF set-up in the Lantis uses a MAF, not JE50 VAF, so to swap computer you're also looking at converting that, plus all the associated wiring.

This is why I'm wondering about the K8 wiring from the Eunos 500 as it uses the JE50 VAF just like MX3's, and the Eunos 500 AFAIK is basically just a Lantis with different body panels so the loom could be a direct plug-n-play replacement...
Old 04-04-2009, 10:43 AM   #4
Raving

To follow this up for anyone else looking at the Eunos 500 engine loom as an option, looks like it's a no-go. Just been up the local pick-a-part and done some exploring, looks like the K8 equipped Eunos 500 uses mostly MX6 wiring - engine to cabin loom etc - rather than Lantis/Astina :/
Old 19-12-2009, 07:37 AM   #5
Drakh

Car: Black Lantis BA 2.5L KLZE
Im a bit late coming to this thread, but I'm in the same situation.
KLZE running on original lantis ecu and maf.
Did u sort out your car or u still running the kf33 ecu???
Drakh is offline   Reply With Quote