Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Forced Induction & Engine Conversions

Old 09-12-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
RHRH

Car: Mazda 323FBA
GTX into FBA help

Hi guys,

Im working on my engine swap project, however ive run into some troubles, and the main thing is that I CANNOT find any usefull manuals as every link Ive found on google, on here, and other websites are old links not working anymore.

Here a picture as I see this is my first post... lol

x

The problem:

Ive not even come remotely to starting the engine, as the connectors, connecting the dashboard loom with the engine loom are completly different. Ive got the dash loom that was in the car 1800 euro spec FBA, and the engine loom from the GTX engine, which
had been modified allready for the FBA. Ive bought the engine from Shaggy (member here) used to have. Which had run allready in his FBA however a UK spec FBA (RHD) and mine's european spec (LHD) both same year though.

So this problem came unexpectedly I had envisioned running into issues with the loom like the size because of LHD / RHD but not that the connectors wouldnt match up AT ALL. Now I want to try to figure out which wire is which, and then just replug the connectors.

But I cannot find any freakin manual I need...

Need the FBA BP 1.8 wiring manual, and the GTX manual... I guess to see which wire is which... But Im only finding old not working links from 2, 3 years ago...

The thing is that Shaggy cannot help me as he had a car electrician do the job, as he had to have the original GTX loom incorperated into the FBA. Thing is that I only have to atleast find the manuals then I can allways ask more questions.

Want to do as much myself as possible, I kinda understand electrics but need references offcourse.

So could anybody reupload some usefull manuals for me please???

Many many thanks!!!

Last edited by RHRH; 14-01-2010 at 12:44 PM.
RHRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2009, 11:23 PM   #2
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
sorry for your troubles.
the only thing i can think of (since i dont have manuals and i am horible with electrics) is to use a UK spec CPU
welcome to AGT by the way
Old 10-12-2009, 06:37 AM   #3
NaughtyGT

Car: Sooby B4 - Astina SP parting out
just a stab in the dark but, approach a decent sized Mazda dealer in your area & see if they have them in archives or they may have it on digital to copy for you. Tell them you are despirate, even go in yourself. Sorry to here this but I think your on the right track. You need the diagrams to compare.........& ****loads of patience!

I feel your pain. I had to give away all my loom & assoc' gear (ECU, engine bay gizmos etc) to the guy who bought my GTX as it had FULL EMS, no loom that I recognised @ all! Now I have to get it all back. I have the loom on the new motor I'm installing but nothing else. It's like bare.

Welcome & hope you get some info soon. Maybe someone here can help???

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

Last edited by NaughtyGT; 10-12-2009 at 10:53 AM.
NaughtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:51 AM   #4
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
GTX manual:
http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showt...?t=3577&page=2

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 05:25 AM   #5
RHRH

Thanks for the link but I do have the 1.8 GTX...

Any more people know where to find this stuff?
Old 17-12-2009, 07:54 AM   #6
NaughtyGT

just so I get it right. Is that the GTX engine on the pallet with MX5 rocker cover?

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
Old 17-12-2009, 08:00 AM   #7
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtyGT View Post
just so I get it right. Is that the GTX engine on the pallet with MX5 rocker cover?
That just looks like a late model BP to me.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2009, 08:08 AM   #8
NaughtyGT

just didn't realise they used the same RC. Thanks Gav

getting back to the orig' problem, I would have thought if the loom plugs are different, you need the equivallent ECU? Sounds like if you can sort the plugs out, should be OK. Then you still have the left/right dilemma mate a mine has ba different ECU on his B6T & he cannot use the loom that came with his replacement engine. I on the otherhand I have the right loom plugs so, am getting his ECU to match. This dilemma comes about due to AUDM v's JDM looms/ECU & perhaps even, different years within same model?

Last edited by NaughtyGT; 17-12-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Old 17-12-2009, 08:12 AM   #9
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHRH View Post
Thanks for the link but I do have the 1.8 GTX...
Yes, the BG GT-X is covered by the '1990 EA 4WD Supplement'/'1990 Nth US 4WD Supplement'/'1992 GTR Supplement'

There is no online CBA wiring diagrams as far as i know, apart from a few pages that members here have scanned from the Workshop manuals. There may be on club323f though.

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2009, 08:42 PM   #10
RHRH

1. Yeah its the old engine on the pallet.
2. Thanks for the help ill continue the search.
Old 23-04-2010, 08:51 PM   #11
RHRH

hello,

Now im 4 months further but not much further on the engine loom.

Does anybody know a WORKING up to date link for the JDM engines,
either GTR or GTX, pref the GTX one.

Ive got serious issue figuring out which is which on the engine, and well
im now getting help but want to figure out as much as possible myself.

The proper wiring book will help ALLOT> Ive checked my local mazda dealership library however they have got allmost everything except the true JDM engines.

And maybee Ill start with a stand alone right from the start. But the thing is that Ive still got a few wires that are unknown what they do.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks!!!
Old 23-04-2010, 11:02 PM   #12
BRAE

Car: bg sedan
you should only need a few wires from the black and white plugs (next to the yellow ecu plugs) to get the engine running, with some simple diagnostics you should be on to it.

Main one would be the coil wire Thick blue wire in gtx loom on white plug, if you can trace back the coil wire in your previous engine loom and match these up it will work,

Also you will need the main positive wire, which is the (white/red) wire in gtx loom, it is in a 3 pin plug along with a purple and black wire that plugs into the fuse box into the engine bay.

The purple wire above goes to the fuel pump relay and ecu, not sure if you gtx engine loom has been modified to take away all the awd stuff or just to suit fwd (because of the tailshaft and the split in the awd fuel take this is different and controls 2 pumps)

The positive that feeds the fuel pump from the relay will be (black/pink) or (green/red)

The rest of the wires are for when you turn your headlight on and heater fan on, or power steer etc it ramps up the revs at idle, etc. Also it will have your reverse lights, (black/ yellow and red/green (in gtx loom)), neautral switch (brown/yellow (also should be same as clutch switch)), tacho (yellow/blue), temp gauge (black/orange)these all don't really matter on getting the engine started.

As long as the ecu has power (white/red) which mite mean grounding the black wire from same plug (to trip the relay), and the coil has power, and fuel pump it should start,

The rest are all extras which you will need to work out, but the easiest way to do this is, trace the wires from the plugs into the previous engine loom, work out what they are for and then work backwards on the gtx loom

All the colors i stated are gtx loom colors

I hope all this makes sense......
BRAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 06:58 AM   #13
RHRH

Yes it does many thanks!

Ive printed this out and am going to have another try on tuesday.

Also found some other interesting bits of information. It cannot be
that hard. I keep saying to myself, but its allot for a noob. lol