Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Performance & General Maintenance

Old 25-11-2002, 10:37 PM   #1
Jet

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Could anyone help me with some information regarding changing the 1.8l sohc in my 91 Astina to the dohc thats in the SP model. What needs to be done? Do I need to replace the entire engine or just the head? Does anyone know of a good place in Melbourne to do this?[/colorost_uid0]
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 27-11-2002, 08:06 AM   #2
bRaDiNhO
AstinaGT Regular

Car: '90 SP
Send a message via MSN to bRaDiNhO
[color=#FF0000ost_uid0]Mate, with the differences in prices between an SP and the normal Astina, u'd be better off just switching cars, unless u've already spent big on everything else or have emotional attachment etc to your car. If u are going to go to that much trouble i'd recommend going a BP-T (the turbo DOHC motor) as you are really not going to pay that much more for the actual motor and installation. If u want to add bigger i/c, cpu, etc then the price jumps tho. The SP has the DOHC motor rather than the SOHC, better seats, sunroof, (alloys and stereo - hardly worth mentioning tho), suspension etc. You are not gonna get a huge performance gain with a DOHC conversion - just look at the standard power and torque outputs, and the sprint times, and u'll see![/colorost_uid0]
Old 27-11-2002, 09:21 AM   #3
BigMal
1ST BA TURBO MEMBER

Car: BA Astina Turbo
Send a message via ICQ to BigMal Send a message via MSN to BigMal
[color=#000000ost_uid1]Whole motor as heads alone are quite expensive.
You need to change ecu, wiring as think the dizzy
setup is different. You may as well go Turbo BP as
the expenses are almost the same. Go a half cut
to get all the brackets etc. If not the sell and buy
an SP will probably be cheaper with least hassles.

Mal[/colorost_uid1]