Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Your Rides/Project Worklog

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2012, 01:10 AM   #1
D3FEKT

Car: Mazda SP20
Jayces SP20

Well, I've picked up my new daily/project.

For those whom seen my introduction thread, I stated how i was to travel 390kms down south of Western Aus to a town called Albany..

Anyhow, I have done just that. 6 hours on a bus with the wife taking the "Scenic" route, Turns out you just see a few more red dirt dominated towns for an extra 100kms on top of the 390km basic route.
Left sunny Perth at 10am and arrived at 4pm in Albany, which like usual was pissing down with rain.

After walking 5kms in the rain we picked up my one owner, full service history, 130,000km, Late 2003 BJ SP20 hatch/wagon.

I went over the car with a fine pick and the only thing i could even remotely find wrong with it was a crack in the original headlight protector and slight sag on the drivers side of the front bumper, Nothing else!

Everything was intact, Unused ash trays to original SP20 floor mats, Original marketing brochures and all the original documentation of sale from the Albany Mazda dealer, I just couldn't believe it.

After purchasing the car, drinking a few beers (If you can call Emu-bitter that) and having a good yarn me and the wife decided to hit the road and put our belongings at the hotel and then take for a drive.

Took it for a spin up in a few of the main mountain roads, a few gravel but mainly sealed as i was absolutely terrified of having mud on this new gem.
It was a blast to drive, Even in complete stock form.. I wouldn't call an FS powered Mazda fast but they do handle very well for their age.

Inevitably I couldn't avoid it from getting red dirt/mud up the side so after our nice drive I headed back into town and searched for a car wash.
She cleaned back up nicely after a soap bath and light rinse.

Fast forward another 14hours and we headed back to Perth, To my surprise there wasn't anyone on the road and took me 3hours and 40minutes to get back to Perth only stopping once in Williams to get an iced coffee from the BP.

Did very well on fuel not even using half a tank but did notice a few slight pings here and there under load - Possibly from running 95octane from a generic service station which happened to be the only thing opened at the point of us leaving the town.

Now I did have a whole collection of photography I took over the trip but as technology continues to do best, and that's to fail!
Bloody memory card from the camera corrupted (Anyone know if data recovery is possible on an SD card??)

Anyhow, my plans of this are uncertain and not sure what would be my best point of attack would be however I do think I'll start modding in the aesthetics department first as they are usually relatively cheap to perform and gives me a chance to work out what I'll do.

I do have a couple of photos which I took on the misses Iphone which I'll put here but hopefully I can resurrect the ones on the memory card.

But yes, Hopefully haven't bored any of you too much and will be logging my progress with her as I go.

-Jayce.

D3FEKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links