Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Mazda Specific Talk

Old 08-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
Alemenara
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 94 V6 BA Hatch
I think I'm about to do something stupid...

So i've been lurking here for a little while now whilst i've been amassing the funds and parts i need to put my astina on the road. Whilst i've been waiting for funds and so on a few friends of mine & myself have completely cleaned & rebuilt the motor from my existing astina, which i was planning to put back in sometime this week. My plans for my Astina were fairly simple; 17s, FGK Exaust, Rebuilt Motor, Swap teal interior to black/grey, debadging & a respray. I have been buying a few bits and pieces when i see them going cheap and most of which have been sitting in my boot for a month or two; Front & Rear discs/pads, Smoked tail lights, a pair of head lights with carbon eyelids, a remote central locking kit & various bits and pieces for building a decent stereo. Anyways onto the point.

I've seen a few threads now where people have bought perfectly good Astina's for hundreds of dollars not thousands purely because it needed a clutch or brake discs or something simple. So i've been looking out for a bargain like that myself. The other day i come across this:

so it needs a windscreen, tail lights, front & rear discs/pads & a master cylinder for the clutch. I've been out to see it and it looks pretty clean, its got 6 months rego on it and looks to be pretty neat.

My plans ultimately would include putting my freshly rebuilt motor, gearbox and random bits & pieces into this astina and replacing that god awful cannon with a FGK system. I have all the parts nessicary bar the master cylinder to repair this car and im fairly sure i can pull the one from my existing Astina without too many issues. The guy wants $900 for this including the rego on it. Do you guys think it would be silly to buy it considering i have all the spares to fix it and a motor to put in it?
Alemenara is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
Clean_Cookie
obsessed-incomplete-broke

Car: BA Hardtop/Hatch
It won't have rego. Tell him to cash the plates in at qld transport and take that much off the price. You will need to tow it. I wouldn't pay more than 500. Purely due to the windscreen. I've got a master here if you need it.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:16 PM   #3
Alemenara
AstinaGT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean_Cookie View Post
It won't have rego. Tell him to cash the plates in at qld transport and take that much off the price. You will need to tow it. I wouldn't pay more than 500. Purely due to the windscreen. I've got a master here if you need it.
Well i just got off the phone with the dude, i got him down to $800, i can drive it away pull the random bits i need off my astina & have it in RWC within a week, hes happy for me to drive it away and come back a week or two later with a RWC and transfer of rego forms. My cousin works at obrian so ill get the windshield done the day i get it for about $100. I have discs for it in the back of my green astina and the pads to go on it. The master isn't so bad you cannot drive it, but it needs to be done (hold the clutch in for any more than about 15-20 seconds and it loses pressure). I just cannot do very long trips till its done. Since the bloke is less than 20 minutes from my house it's really not an issue.

//edit - how much do you want for that master? Can drive this one up to you.

Last edited by Alemenara; 08-01-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #4
TheMAN

Car: .
the pics are bad... from the shade of the reflections, it looks to me there's more damage than what you can really see in the rear end.... you need to look at the car yourself first!
Old 08-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #5
Ice88

Car: Blue SP20
Ryan stop responding to your alter egos thread.

Such a post whore
Old 08-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #6
Alemenara
AstinaGT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMAN View Post
the pics are bad... from the shade of the reflections, it looks to me there's more damage than what you can really see in the rear end.... you need to look at the car yourself first!
Already been to see it, it's parked next to a shed which is causing the reflections you can see. It's actually fairly clean apart from the rear bumper and 1 paint scrape on the rear passenger side door (which btw i think i could get out with a good cut and polish). Posted these pics purely so you guys could get a basic idea...
Old 08-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #7
Clean_Cookie

Master is new from repco, $150. I'll sell you this one which is 6-12mths old for $75. Drive tomy shed and I'll help you fit it. Need to ask the man about correct priming techniques. Swapped Daryls over in about an hour with bleed with 4 New hoses.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #8
Clean_Cookie

If you do come bring extra money. I am known for upselling...
Old 08-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #9
Alemenara
AstinaGT Regular

Should i also bring my new brake discs, pads and some fluid and do that at the same time?
Old 09-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #10
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
$150 new - is it made from gold?
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #11
Clean_Cookie

Wast the cheapest. He's more than welcome to buy a new one and fit it. I think it came with 2 years warranty. Cheap ones don't.