View Single Post
Old 25-09-2011, 12:00 AM   #1051
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromaniac11 View Post
Rupe, any of these mazda speed seats (in black) got really good support? Like if you press into the backrest, would you be able to source which one is in the best condition with the most support foam left?
I've got lumbar back issues which have been constantly aggravated by the seats in my astina (13 years old, with the same lady sitting in them day in day out, have worn it in one particular fashion)...So i'm definitely needing new seats/support.

Cheers
I have a crap back and the standard BA seats used to give me a sore lower back, so much so that i used to use a towel as lumbar support. I bought the MS seats that are in my car to onsell, but thought i'd throw them in to see what they're like. They've never left it, because they're just so much more supportive. I can to 8hour trips pretty much nonstop now, and my back feels fine. They're that good.

But yes they're a bit harder to get out of due to the higher sides - but they're still better than something like a Recaro SR3 which are a pain in the arse to get out of. You don't have to be skinny, but someone with quite large hips may have issues.

I'll check which one is the best and shoot you a PM.

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote