Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Introduce yourself

Old 02-04-2010, 03:11 PM   #121
NewGTXowner
Banned

Car: GTX
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildough View Post
Get it thru your thick skull.
Your car is not and will never be an exceptionally fast gtx.
They were never fast.
They handle like a dog turd.
They were built car back with a terrible drive train.
The sooner you realise that you bought a lemon that has been for sale for over a year and you must also qualify as the stupidest person to ever own a gtx.
Any smart person would have googled 'familia gtx' and would have found this and many other threads warning the world NOT to buy your car.
You are Roger and you have given us no proof otherwise.
Do not base your opinion towards this car due to your bad experiences. Just because you have had a very unpleasent experience with this car, doesnt mean everybody will have same.

As i have provided in the list, the car has a mazda gtr gearbox, which is twice as strong as normal from what i was explained. So to answer your major negative association towards gearboxes, i have yet to experienceanything going wrong with it.

May i just say that if you treat a car good, it will do the same to you. I have not bought a lemon so quit your stupid imagination. On what basis are you certifying this car as a lemon, hu. Do you own the car, do you drive it, NO, so go back where you came from.

You wish you had a gtx that was really good, but you havent.
NewGTXowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:20 PM   #122
outbakoz
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 97 BA Astina Hatch
oh for gods sake ban this retard

My Car
outbakoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:28 PM   #123
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGTXowner View Post
Do not base your opinion towards this car due to your bad experiences. Just because you have had a very unpleasent experience with this car, doesnt mean everybody will have same.

As i have provided in the list, the car has a mazda gtr gearbox, which is twice as strong as normal from what i was explained. So to answer your major negative association towards gearboxes, i have yet to experienceanything going wrong with it.

May i just say that if you treat a car good, it will do the same to you. I have not bought a lemon so quit your stupid imagination. On what basis are you certifying this car as a lemon, hu. Do you own the car, do you drive it, NO, so go back where you came from.

gtr and gtx gearbox is exactly the same thing. there is a different gearbox out there for the BG but im not telling u which one cus next u will start claiming it has that one..
we ALL know its a lemon because most ppl here KNOW the person that sold that car to the person "you bought it off" (ie roger cordia ie you)
Old 02-04-2010, 03:28 PM   #124
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbakoz View Post
oh for gods sake ban this retard
But he's so entertaining!

BTW Tony, the GT-X and GT-R gearboxes do have different/strengthened internals.

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Last edited by Rupewrecht; 02-04-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #125
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupewrecht View Post
Second that... one comment from him and people fly into hysterics. ROTFLMAO
Old 02-04-2010, 03:43 PM   #126
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Quote:

meh i wouldnt have a clue im just stirring sht haha
am i not allowed to get a kick out of this as well?? haha
Old 02-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #127
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
Quote:

The "difference" is a groove in the middle of the gear's teeth to promote better oil flow. Everyone on FL disputes that the materials are actually any stronger, however. GTRs break gearboxes the same way that GTXs do, so if there is any benefit to the GTR box, it's not worth double the strength of a GTX box. All the guys running big power [300whp+] all went to FWD hybrid G series boxes in any case...
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #128
NewGTXowner
Banned

I appreciate peoples desire to warn me about a "So called lemon", its something that is natural to warn others etcetra, but as i have explained a million times, there is nothing about this car that would warrant a lemon status.

Whatever it was between you all and the previous owner has nothing to do with me. I have the car, it aint a lemon so just accept it. This is coming from the horses mouth of the new owner.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #129
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

ok if its not a lemon rihgt now its cus the bannas he stuffed in to the diff are holding it togther, and all the gap sealers he stuffed in it are holding the cracks in the radiator and engine oil chanels together.. they will let go soon n ul c
have fun horsee
Old 02-04-2010, 10:03 PM   #130
mikey_something

Car: 1998 Toyota Supra 3.0L Twin Turbo
Quote:
mikey_something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:40 PM   #131
Ghoru

Car: '92 BG Astina Sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey_something View Post
loving it

hey newGTX, perhaps you havnt experienced problems because you are driving it like you drove your supa fast POS cordia that beat a subaru and a lancer?
i have a pranged up '92 323 1.6l sohc sitting in my yard that has a busted fuel pump...wanna race your GTX for slips? come on whats the risk i mean if you lose im taking a piece of sh*t off you if you win you will actually have a car worth bragging about....my 323
and that pic is obviously not you i mean who would actually post a pic like that if it was really them? not to mention i have seen that pic many times on various comedy emails etc
newGTXowner = oldGTXdodger

http://www.eveonline.com/
Ghoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:26 PM   #132
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
Quote:
I appreciate peoples desire to warn me about a "So called lemon", its something that is natural to warn others etcetra, but as i have explained a million times, there is nothing about this car that would warrant a lemon status.

Whatever it was between you all and the previous owner has nothing to do with me. I have the car, it aint a lemon so just accept it. This is coming from the horses mouth of the new owner.
Really? Nothing wrong?

Quote:
Gas struts on boot lid dont hold up
Turbo using oil
Minor rocker cover gasket leak
Minor oil leak near compressor cover
Water thermo fan operated by incabin switch.
Reverse lights dont wor
Taken from your very own FS thread on here...

http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15746)

You really are retaded...
Old 02-04-2010, 11:30 PM   #133
chicaboo

Actually, he admitted to ppl asking questions on eBay that there were even more issues. Then he would proceed to tell them what a good deal the car is and how cheap it is, even though they didn't ask about that. You've got to remember that this car sold above reserve at least twice in the $3000 bracket, and the winning buyers didn't take the car. You're a d!ckhead Roger...
Old 03-04-2010, 06:24 AM   #134
NaughtyGT

Car: Sooby B4 - Astina SP parting out
Roger Roger Roger.............chastise a wise man. He learns!

Beat a fool with a rod & when your finished. He's still a fool!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
NaughtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:35 AM   #135
NewGTXowner
Banned

To those people that said that there is no diffrence between the GTR and GTX gearbox in the strength department, you need more lessons before talking rubbish.

When they get a gearbox and shotpeen the internals, thats X1 intervention towards having a strengthen gearbox. Thats X1 more strenght over a standard GTX gearbox.

So far, only one person in this forum has confirmed this fact, and that is Rup, the rest, go back to school.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:44 AM   #136
chicaboo

Quote:
When they get a gearbox and shotpeen the internals, thats X1 intervention towards having a strengthen gearbox. Thats X1 more strenght over a standard GTX gearbox.
Ummm, 10 X1 = 10. Which is the same...
Old 03-04-2010, 08:19 PM   #137
Flyblown

Car: 88 BF ss, Familia GTR ,KH laser sedan 1.6 4WD Auto
hey GTX owner how do you know that it is a GTR box and not a TX3 box? and how can you tell ?and if it is what internals have been shot peened? is that factory shot peen or
aftermarket shot peen is reverse done as well. What does shot peening do?
Flyblown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #138
chicaboo

Fly: Shot-peening is where they fire little beads [like sandblasting] at the surface of the metal to close any fissures or surface imperfections that could possibly lead to breaks. In any case, those who have spent the money on the full PAR gear-set [the gears themselves are virtually unbreakable] have still broken their gearboxes housings. You can make the individual gears as strong as you like, but the boxes still break due to shaft separation at high load, which basically splits the box in half!

The guy with the 10sec 350whp B6T powered KE TX3 [that $#!Ts on anything Rogercordia has or ever will own], has cuffed his FWD G series gearbox, and has racked up a lot of passes with an otherwise standard gearbox, by eliminating the shaft separation to a large degree. My spare box has a full 626 diff/gear-set with a PAR 3rd gear as a cheap solution to the fragile box. If I did what this guy did and cuffed my box, it'd be pretty tough, but it's still a relatively weak Mazda box...

So, the point is, the GTR gearbox is not stronger than a GTX or GT gearbox, but the gears themselves are slightly better due to shot-peening [but not twice as strong as some dumb fark retards would tell you]. So strengthening the gears just defers the failure from the typical 3rd gear breaking, to the shaft separation issue, which completely roots the whole gearbox. Not that GTR shot-peened gears are anywhere as strong as PAR gears...

Here's a little quote from a rally dude on OMC - "The Familia GTR gearbox isn't much stronger then the BG GTX gearbox if at all. The shotpeening on the gears would have all worn off by now & the rumoured stronger gear case hasn't been proved by a metallurgy lab, it just looks the same & is the same thickness." So if shot-peening loses it's effectiveness from chipped teeth, high kms, poor maintenance or excessive heat cycles over 20 years, it's eventually only as good as every other GTX gearbox. Anyhow, it's best to ask a transmission or shot-peening expert about the expected longevity and added strength from the process, and not some dumb fark from St Marys...

And since Turbocreator/Rogercordia challenged us all to find a better GTX than his, so I did:
http://sydney.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-...AdIdZ187329623

Half the kms and almost $1000 cheaper. Fark you Roger!

Last edited by chicaboo; 03-04-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:32 PM   #139
miah87

Car: R33 sedan
That car from sydnet gumtree is currently on ebay... Has 14 bids at the moment...
miah87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:34 PM   #140
miah87

Car: R33 sedan
Hmm, wondering has anyone tried to call this Roger and express some interest in his car? If he said still for sale means he is lying... It is easy to proof... xD
miah87 is offline   Reply With Quote