Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Classifieds > For Sale/Wanted

Old 06-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
thomajar

Car: BA Astina
WTB: [SA] BA Astina Hatch Low Springs

Looking to buy a set of lowered springs / down suspension for a BA Astina hatch 1.8l

Not interested in king springs or zoom

Please contact via forum / PM if you have any you would like to sell.

Cheers,
Jarrad
thomajar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #2
mattylagana

Car: Ba 323 Astina hatch V6
I have a set of white lines up for grabs for the rite price
>97' V6 MAZDA 323 S3|Sunroof|18"x8" RX8 rims|Custom Cold air intake|klze headers, 100cpi cat, resi delete, Apexi back box|Top Gun Leads/NGK Platinum Iridium plugs|Soundstream Sound|Lowered on yellow speeds|Whiteline heavy duty swaybar|cusco front strutty|momo steering|short shifter|Lantis door sills|
This is my girl sxc isn't she? http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18139
mattylagana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
thomajar

I may very well be interested.. I can't find any information about them on the whiteline website, can you point me toward it?
Old 06-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #4
mattylagana

Hey mate I've found a write up on club 323f about them , they Lowe your car to 345mm all round from from bottom go guard to centre cap, which is also white lines track tested best height for handeling for our cars,
>97' V6 MAZDA 323 S3|Sunroof|18"x8" RX8 rims|Custom Cold air intake|klze headers, 100cpi cat, resi delete, Apexi back box|Top Gun Leads/NGK Platinum Iridium plugs|Soundstream Sound|Lowered on yellow speeds|Whiteline heavy duty swaybar|cusco front strutty|momo steering|short shifter|Lantis door sills|
This is my girl sxc isn't she? http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18139
Old 06-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #5
thomajar

Wouldnt mind finding some info on them, spring rates etc.. got a part number for them?
They're not off ur v6 astina are they?
Old 06-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
thomajar

Did some googling, all i could find was the part numbers, no other information..

4cyl Part numbers - 20053 20070
6cyl Part numbers - 29125 29127

I'd be keen if you have the 4Cyl ones?
Old 06-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #7
mattylagana

I'm not sure of the spring rates, but I did have em on my v6 n then I upgraded to coilovers, I'd say they would just be stiffer in your 4cyl, but u may not get the same height as specified, keep searching up n see if anyone else has done it I guess
Old 06-08-2012, 11:26 PM   #8
thomajar

I reckon they'd fit, but will probably sit higher at the front; i imagine the v6 engine weighs more.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #9
thomajar

Just noticed that with RS*R and Espelir Springs they are the same part for both the v6 and l4 models.

I measured the current ride height and 345mm is still 2 inches above the tyre?
I'm just getting really confused now...
Old 11-08-2012, 12:49 AM   #10
mattylagana

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomajar View Post
Just noticed that with RS*R and Espelir Springs they are the same part for both the v6 and l4 models.

I measured the current ride height and 345mm is still 2 inches above the tyre?
I'm just getting really confused now...
That's correct that's the way I have my Astina coilovers setup, handles a lot better then it did when my car was tucking tyre, like I said that's white lines track tested best height/handeling set up, they recommend a further 10mm height for optimum performance.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:26 AM   #11
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
Don't take Whiteline as gospel - a lot of what they said was the best setup was never actually done to the test car they used.

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #12
mattylagana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupewrecht View Post
Don't take Whiteline as gospel - a lot of what they said was the best setup was never actually done to the test car they used.
No offence but why would I take your word of a whirling write up made specifically for our cars ? Also how do u know they never track tested it ?

And having coilovers I had my car lowered respectively to where I was just only tucking tyre, and raised it to the white line height (345mm) and my car handles easily 50% better, smashing it up Maqcurie pass with lowered height herendes under steer, and less response in steering, I did it 3 times got up there in 6mins 40 seconds, went up with new height got up in 5:49, much more response and half as much under steer, so as far as I'm concerned it's the way to go

Last edited by mattylagana; 12-08-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:41 PM   #13
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylagana View Post
No offence but why would I take your word of a whirling write up made specifically for our cars ? Also how do u know they never track tested it ?
The guy whose car it was is/was a member here, and he posted it himself. Sorry to burst your bubble.

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com

Old 12-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #14
mattylagana

Lol well if that's true, whoever wrote up that artical must know what it is he was talking about, also lowering a car beyound the point of where the drive shafts are no longer level will impair handeling and as I found its a very big key to improving handeling
Old 12-08-2012, 11:58 PM   #15
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Oh i never said that Whiteline didn't know what they were talking about, just that they didn't do all the mods to the BA that they said they did. Ask BigMal himself - it's his car.

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com

Old 13-08-2012, 01:09 AM   #16
thomajar

I don't think the angle of the drive shafts has any impact on the handling..
Can't expect too much out of aftermarket lowered springs, they change so much on them just to make them sit lower while still being trapped in the strut, (or otherwise if it's not a strut)..
Personally I can only comment on 2 brands i've had myself in the past, and they were both baad.. but then, could have been that particular car not the brand of spring..
Old 13-08-2012, 05:48 AM   #17
Clean_Cookie
obsessed-incomplete-broke

Car: BA Hardtop/Hatch
Matty, are you confusing the rear swaybar with driveshafts? That should remain level for correct suspension geometry.
Old 13-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #18
mattylagana

Boys having ur drives shafts anything but flat not only causes damage to your driveshafts but also impacts harshly on handeling. I thought myself couldn't be that important, little did I know
Old 13-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #19
mikey_something

Car: 1998 Toyota Supra 3.0L Twin Turbo
Uhh... Nope.
The most important thing you want in your driveshaft is input angle = output angle.
Having them perfectly flat will provide minimal vibration and torsion effects, if you would like to count this as "handling improvement" then sure...
mikey_something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #20
thomajar

Agreed they will certainly wear out quicker if they are not straight/level.. Perhaps it could affect the total suspension travel if it was way outta alignment but otherwise it has no effect whatsoever on weight transfer..