Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Audio Hi-fi

Old 07-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
dale8888

Car: 323 astina
BA Astina sound gear

Hey,

I just got a new head unit for the BA which has greatly improved the standard sound however they are still very dull and lack clarity.

I am after crisp sound, something loud enough to hear with the windows down on the freeway but I don't need to deafen myself or annoy others.

From that I was thinking of front (5x7") and rear (6x9") speakers. Has anyone got any suggestions? I was thinking something in the price range of the Alpine Type-S. Has anyone got front, rear doors and rear tray? With the new head unit I have also disconnected the front centre speaker.

What setups do people have and what do they think of them? I was not thinking of using an amp straight away but it is definitely a possbility down the track. Although, would 2 amps be required to run the 6 speakers?

P.s free slander/suggestion fest!

Cheers
dale8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #2
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
Rear speakers are more or less just for fill. You'd be much better spending a bit more on some 6" component speakers for the front - something with a separate tweeter. That'll give much better clarity and sound where it's needed - if front of you. Ideally off an amp, but even powered by the HU they'll sound better than the current paper cone speakers.

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
I can probably help you with a pair of Focal 5x7 front and Alpine S 6x9 for the rear. Have to take 'em out and make sure that water hasn't got in the front doors
Old 13-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #4
dazzleng

Car: Mazda 323 Astina Hardtop '96
which ever speaker option you go have a look at the sticky thread 'HOW TO: Correctly install...'

It is a really good tutorial and will definitely help in improving the sound quality of your car setup. I followed most of the recommendations myself except for the outer door seal as I have not bought any yet but so far it's already made a noticeable improvement.
dazzleng is offline   Reply With Quote