Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > General Automotive Talk

Old 10-09-2007, 02:43 PM   #61
Kazz

Car: Bommodore
I cant believe I just got called an idiot by a 4X4 driver :P hahahahaha. But seriously, theres no need for that this is a thread about venting anger about scewed drivers. I'm not going to calm down and then write something you knob because thats not what this is about. why bother defend yourself, You may be a good driver, but that doesnt account for every other a**hole driving a 4x4. If I was in taz and saw you drive past me maybe I mite give you the thumbs up .... W@NK3R.
Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:16 PM   #62
bourbon
The Hairy Mod

Car: MINI Cooper S 2003
maybe this thread should have a warnin on this thread that its not in english and also a load of rubbish...theres always bad drivers its a fact of life...if i were to list every bad driver i dont think id be able to get off of this thread ...
bourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:05 PM   #63
zappy65

Car: Old: 1989 DOHC Mazda 323 New: Nissan 180SX Type X
Send a message via MSN to zappy65
people....what is with the UNIT stickers!!!....acctually most commodore ute idiots look like UNITS!!!

http://www.astinagt.com/forums/vbpic...?do=view&g=319
Come see my deviantness....hehe
http://dawnblade.deviantart.com/
zappy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:16 PM   #64
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
and on the subject of stickers...what the hell is with these frangipani stickers i keep seeing on photos of Sydney cars?!!?

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:18 PM   #65
Smikey
AstinaGT Regular

Car: BA '97 Astina
Agreed! how are there so many people putting them on their cars!? +5 hp?
Old 10-09-2007, 07:33 PM   #66
Plutonus

Car: Traitor vehicle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupewrecht View Post
and on the subject of stickers...what the hell is with these frangipani stickers i keep seeing on photos of Sydney cars?!!?
Don't get me started. Keep them out of VIC. They are disgusting.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:51 PM   #67
Kazz

flowers are pretty dnt you know haha. nah they used to look ok on some cars but they are just everywhere at the moment, just another stupid girly trend... still not as bad as playboy... also i dnt understand the jetpilot stickers whats it sposed to mean? I only have 2 stickes on my car (front and back windows) but thats only coz i liked the writing :P and i have seat covers that i got for my 17th that have a cat on them and they say vavoom, but thats only to stop my clothes from getting dirty and snaged on the huge rip on the side on my seat. I really want a car that i can do up that looks hot and not girly, because im so sick of seeing pink and love hearts on chicks cars. (ima bit off topic but oh well)
Old 10-09-2007, 09:32 PM   #68
Cincinnatus
Nate Dog

Car: Dah!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupewrecht View Post

At least all you have to put up with is the photos of them! Imagine peak hour, 25 mins @ 15kph, stuck behind one of these sticker bearing cars, only to be cut off by anothe3r one!!! Argh!!!

Lifes too short to waste bitching about other ****e drivers! And as for this whole 4wd debacle of a debate/flame fest, peeps!! get over it. Superduki: you obviously go off road, so u have a legit reason for owning that monster u got picks up of. Admit that 90% of City dwellers whom drive Landcruisers/Landrovers/Muranos/X-trails/Klugers/etc/etc/etc and will never EVER EVER leave the black top have not one legit reason for owning them and end this little infight. Please no direct insults. Everybody put a frangipani sticker on your car and love one another. Now!!!

Rodhog: it takes me longer to read your post then the rest of this thread combined. Engrish prease, man!

I'm done with this rant for this night. Off to ride my Motorbike, on which i sh!t my pants at every Bus, truck, 4wd, car and even pedestrian that happen to cross my path. No replacement for the Adrenelin rush thought. Night.
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:10 PM   #69
bozalina

Car: 01 sp20
Send a message via MSN to bozalina
Jetpilot is a brand that makes accessories for extreme sports, mostly wakeboarding and motocross.
bozalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:24 PM   #70
superduki

Car: 98 Nissan Patrol GU
Send a message via MSN to superduki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I cant believe I just got called an idiot by a 4X4 driver :P hahahahaha. But seriously, theres no need for that this is a thread about venting anger about scewed drivers. I'm not going to calm down and then write something you knob because thats not what this is about. why bother defend yourself, You may be a good driver, but that doesnt account for every other a**hole driving a 4x4. If I was in taz and saw you drive past me maybe I mite give you the thumbs up .... W@NK3R.
When did i say i was a good driver? as for calling me a wanker? what do you drive? not even a mazda!

Can you get over all this and just complain elsewhere about something important, not just at the point that you drive a commodore and dont like big bad ugly 4wd's?

Get rid of the frangipani stickers they are ghey!

My 2c worth now lets move on. Superduki.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:29 AM   #71
Kazz

my bf drives a mazda, i go on cruises with agt ... weather i drive a mazda or not doesnt matter at all, this is not only a forum for mazda drivers as far as i and allot of other people are concerned. as said earlier this thread was about bitchin and complaining and thats what i did, if you dont like that sort of thing dont read it, its not my problem that you got arked up about nothing. so get over it.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:34 PM   #72
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
Play nice children, or i'll have to lock the thread!

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2007, 11:19 AM   #73
SIlversp20

Car: 2002 BJII sp20
haha lol please dont
SIlversp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:55 PM   #74
DavoAust

Car: Red '93 3000GT / Black '08 Ninja 250R
Send a message via MSN to DavoAust
i just got home after watching something very satisfying

we have these stupid shicain things near my place. traffic calming apparently, but they piss everyone off (i never saw any hoons before they went in either). so anyway you can do up to around 55kph through the wide ones, they're one lane so you have to wait for the other car if they get there first. i'm coming back from lunch and a monaro is blasting through them coming my way. this dude is a real pushy bastard, i've run into him before, so i stopped and waited for him. anyway he went through the one in front of me doing 60+ and lost it at the next one.

he must have put his foot down to power through it, realized hes going way too fast and hit the brakes hard and locked up cause i heard the engine gun then brakes squeal before the bang. i saw him hit it going sideways in my rear mirror, lucky there was a tree there otherwise he would probably have rolled. End result is i see this black monaro get wiped out big time. he'd need new doors/back seat rims three-quarter panel, front guard, probably destroyed the suspension too (thats if its not a complete write off, it looked pretty munched up), best bit... he got out and started crying.

i didn't hang around long, there were some ppl that lived there so i left them to deal with it. he deserved it, such a bastard, he almost hit mum head-on doing the same thing a week ago and he's always speeding around at like 60-70 through the streets and kids play in these streets all the time

and the moral kiddings? assholes get whats coming to them
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

'97 1.8L Hardtop
'93 3.0L TT 3000GT
DavoAust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:07 PM   #75
GISS-90BG

Car: 1990 BG Astina
Hahaha, "Started crying."

Yeah, ruining their car and surviving is the best way these guys learn. Hopefully he'll have some more brains next time.

My mate had his 84' Camira defected the other day (For bald as f*@% tyres, broken lights, brakes etc etc typical dunga-mobile). Sucks for him, but it was re-assuring for me to see that it's not just imports and tuners that they defect, like it seems to be.

Seen a bunch of the typical dodgey TAXI driving recently, nothings changed there...
Old 05-11-2007, 04:11 PM   #76
DavoAust

yeah i know a couple of guys my age that have written their cars off. i can see how much off a difference it made to their driving. they are more cautious, speed less. this dude wasn't even a young bloke, would have been early-mid thirties.

taxis are bad, nuts, insane. maybe its cause half of them are bright orange and i notice them but they always seem to be doing dumb things
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

'97 1.8L Hardtop
'93 3.0L TT 3000GT
Old 05-11-2007, 04:12 PM   #77
bourbon
The Hairy Mod

no they guys who crash there cars and survive dont learn...they think ohh well its a car its replacable...ill just go buy another...the guys who get hurt seriously mainly care...
Old 05-11-2007, 04:30 PM   #78
GISS-90BG

Car: 1990 BG Astina
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbon View Post
no they guys who crash there cars and survive dont learn...they think ohh well its a car its replacable...ill just go buy another...the guys who get hurt seriously mainly care...
I dunno bout that. I agree that not all do, but even still, I wouldn't wish injury upon someone, regardless of how bad their driving is. I think those kind of people, who will write off a Monaro, GTR, whatever their pride and joy might be, then get straight behind the wheel to repeat - are beyond being taught a lesson, injury or no injury. I was a passenger in a 95' Supra TT that hit a stobie pole when the driver drove way above his skill level and that taught me a valuable lesson, and I didn't have to sacrifice my health, or car, to be taught it. Lucky and unlucky in a sense, I s'pose.

I know what you mean though... it can just solidify the feelings of invincibility in some peoples minds if they can slam their car into a stobie pole at 80kmph and walk away.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #79
DavoAust

Bourbs when i was in year 12 one my friends died in a car accident. He was driving his parents Holden ran a red light and was t-boned by a truck. Its is never a good thing for someone to get hurt, rattled a little is ok, it'll teach them a lesson.

As much as it was satisfying to see him crash the car, if he'd been hurt i would have been helping him out. He was lucky to ok, the tree hit the rear door, if there had been a passenger there they would have been seriously injured at the least. Another 40cm forwards and he wouldn't have walked away. There are others that aren't so lucky.

Oh, according to mum who just got home, they still haven't unwrapped the car from the tree, its still blocking the road only now there's a firetruck and cop car

'97 1.8L Hardtop
'93 3.0L TT 3000GT
Old 05-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #80
bourbon
The Hairy Mod

i didnt say it was good ifthey get hurt...i said most people know days only learn if they do get hurt...i wrote of my first car when i was 18...only wrote off cause brakes failed coming down a hill and rear ended a guy...i was a bit rattled up...it really hasnt taught me anything...as i wasnt doing anythin stupid...i scared the hell out of myself oneday i started to fishy and then went off the road...and down an embankment...since that day i havnt had 1 issue...i dont push my car toohard on the road as theres to many thinks to account for and you cant tell whats going to happen next or whos gonna walkout or what dog is gonna run out infront of your car...