Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Your Rides/Project Worklog

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2009, 10:32 AM   #1
SP BLING
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Mazda 3 & BA Astina
SP BLING's BA Astina Rebuild

Hi all,

Here's my build blog (copied from OZMAZDA) for those interested.

It's a 97 model 323 Astina with 195,000 km on the clock and 14" hubcaps. Just a "little" bit of damage, but at least the engine still runs beautifully. Although not for very long as the radiator is kinda non-existant and the thermo fans are pressing hard up against the exhaust headers. Purchased as a Repairable Write-off from the Auctions back in Jan 2008.

Gave the car a good wash... I think it hasn't been washed for quite a while.... So the body is in really good condition. Apart from the front end damage, there is a little scrape on the rear passenger wheel arch, one on the back bumper and approx 10 little pop dents all over - possibly hail as there are 2 on the roof. Even managed to remove some cream paint that was spilled on the drivers side front guard with the clay bar and 2000 grit sandpaper. I'm not sure whether the paint can be fully restored yet or whether to respray it - Same colour.

The interior was given the once over by the MRS and was given the tick of approval :thumbsup: There is a little mark on the cloth on the drivers seat and a little hole on the passenger door trim. Otherwise 100% perfect. Window tinting on the rear hatch and totally screwed and will need to be redone.

I think I've also managed to track down a nose cut for the Astina for $700. FYI - a nose cut is the full front end cut-off from the firewall side of the radiator and includes radiator support panel, radiator, condensor, headlights, blinkers and front bumper - everything that I need.
SP BLING is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links