Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Forced Induction & Engine Conversions

Old 29-01-2005, 01:43 PM   #1
323_mazdabator

Car: 1990 BG astina
Send a message via MSN to 323_mazdabator
BG BP to BG BPT wiring can any one help

hey guys i've just bought a bpt gtx halfcut and am a little confused ion the wiring side of things.. just wondering if any one has done this or would be able to help in any way at all? all help would be muchly appreciated.
Old 29-01-2005, 02:09 PM   #2
platypus
living in the past man

Car: Subaru Outback 2.0 turbo
Send a message via MSN to platypus
try a search - this question has been asked, and answered quite a few times now

and what in particular did you need help with? there are a lot of wires in a BG
Old 29-01-2005, 03:44 PM   #3
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
you should check out the thread at the top of the forced induction section

http://www.astinagt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3827

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 07:34 PM   #4
ROB-80E

Car: Turbo BG Astina
Send a message via ICQ to ROB-80E Send a message via MSN to ROB-80E
I'll start with, did you swap EVERYTHING do to with the wiring on the main harness, this includes the Fuel pump resistor/relay assy. Bascially looks like a relay and a heat sink mounted on the firewall behind the plenum.

If yes, you have to now venture inside the to where the ECU lives. Remove the GTX ECU so that you can get to all the plugs under there.

There are 2 plugs, a white and a black. The fuel pump power wire is a Black/Pink stripe wire. I think it is in the White plug of the standard loom. The fuel pump power wire that comes from the resistor-relay setup on the GTX loom is a green/pink stripe wire in the black plug. It's just a matter of joining the two together.

I went to the trouble of taking the wire out of 1 plug and putting it into the other so that it all still unplugs with no hastle...but all it takes is getting a short thick bit of wire (atleast same thickness as standard) and splicing into the wire and making the missing link as to say.

If you have any troubles just let me know.

Don't believe anyone when they say, you have to run a new wire from your ign to the pump, because it's not true...I have done it the standard way.
Old 15-02-2005, 06:29 PM   #5
323_mazdabator

Car: 1990 BG astina
Send a message via MSN to 323_mazdabator
so other than that both the black and white plugs just plug together?
Old 17-02-2005, 09:33 AM   #6
ROB-80E

That's it! They just plug in.
Old 17-02-2005, 11:57 AM   #7
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Car: BG SP
Send a message via MSN to Nate
so thats all you gotta do? i ie ... rip out the dash (to gain access to the the harness and ecu) ... take out Everything electical to do with the engine ... old engine out ... new engine in ...zaust... IC and ALL the wiring from the old engine ... splice the fuel line and thats it?? ... i know the loom is uglier than a dogs breakfast ... but that sounds like a piece of cake ... i was under the impression you needed whole new looms fabricated and could neverwork out why ... now i know you dont ... yay ... BPT here i come!!

Life would be straight without twisties STOCK AS A ROCKET!

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2005, 10:00 PM   #8
ROB-80E

Mate, you don't even have to take the dash out! you just remove the kick pannels on the side of the centre console. Undo 2 bolts and 2 nuts at either end of the ecu. Unplug ecu and relay, remove, unclip white and black plug, push the big main loom grommet through the firewall and remove N/A loom.

Repeat in reverse order with the complete GTX loom (this includes the stuff on the firewall - engine bay side)

When you say splice fuel line, I'm guessing you mean the wire. No fuel line mods are required.

The loom swap is very simple...compared to all the spanner work you have to do with major mech parts (eg, getting drive shafts out).
Old 07-01-2006, 12:36 PM   #9
Dutchy

Car: BG Astina SP Turbo
Send a message via MSN to Dutchy
Hey guys

just one more question about this wiring loom stuff...

Im doing my conversion this weekend. so far the engine is out and im tryna figure out the wiring.

I want to use the GTX radiator and cooling fan... when i change over the part of the loom for this. Do i have to change nething for the pop up lights?

and do i have to take out the whole part of the loom that goes under the front left quarter panel???

Cheers Jeremy
Old 08-01-2006, 01:02 AM   #10
Ian

Car: 1990 R32 GTR
Oh whoops.

I was in the middle of writing u a PM when my power cut out. I never finished it.

The GTX radiator wont fit. Neither will the fan off it.

The standard radiator will work however I recomend going to an auto BG one eventually.

With the standard radiator, the radiator fan will try and mingle with the turbo piping. You will have to cut one of the struts off on the fans casing.

Ill let you know more info in a pm, everything we did wrong and what to avoid.

Mah Ride!
details
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:24 AM   #11
ROB-80E

Couldn't have said it better myself ian...sounds like you got everything sussed during your conversion.

The astina thermo fans are lucky that they have the plastic surround that can be chopped.
Old 29-01-2007, 08:42 PM   #12
89sp1.8

Car: bg astina
Send a message via MSN to 89sp1.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB-80E
I'll start with, did you swap EVERYTHING do to with the wiring on the main harness, this includes the Fuel pump resistor/relay assy. Bascially looks like a relay and a heat sink mounted on the firewall behind the plenum.

If yes, you have to now venture inside the to where the ECU lives. Remove the GTX ECU so that you can get to all the plugs under there.

There are 2 plugs, a white and a black. The fuel pump power wire is a Black/Pink stripe wire. I think it is in the White plug of the standard loom. The fuel pump power wire that comes from the resistor-relay setup on the GTX loom is a green/pink stripe wire in the black plug. It's just a matter of joining the two together.

I went to the trouble of taking the wire out of 1 plug and putting it into the other so that it all still unplugs with no hastle...but all it takes is getting a short thick bit of wire (atleast same thickness as standard) and splicing into the wire and making the missing link as to say.

If you have any troubles just let me know.

Don't believe anyone when they say, you have to run a new wire from your ign to the pump, because it's not true...I have done it the standard way.
hey soz jacking thread here:P
but me n mate are trying to do this with his gtr motor..he has everything hooked up and it trys to start but wont actually kick over.
so read up on this to see which wires etc..

neways we chopped the black/pink stripe which is in the white plug that goes up into dash(is bit thicker than all other wires in plug )
and chopped the green/pink stripe from the black plug which goes into loom (gtr loom)..and connected wire up to link them both together..still no start..

have i got right wires? there was also a pink with green stripe etc...
and there is fuel in the tank but is not reaching the engine..anyone give me tips plz cheers
89sp1.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 10:40 PM   #13
bourbon
The Hairy Mod

Car: MINI Cooper S 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89sp1.8
but me n mate are trying to do this with his gtr motor..he has everything hooked up and it trys to start but wont actually kick over.

neways we chopped the black/pink stripe which is in the white plug that goes up into dash(is bit thicker than all other wires in plug )
and chopped the green/pink stripe from the black plug which goes into loom (gtr loom)..and connected wire up to link them both together..still no start..

and there is fuel in the tank but is not reaching the engine..anyone give me tips plz cheers
ohhhh me and nate had this issue on mine...contact him i cant member if we solved it...i think this was the issue...hes finished his not long ago either
bourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 10:45 PM   #14
1200det

Car: 1
Hey mate would you have the stereo brackets from the front cut ?
1200det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2007, 01:00 PM   #15
dave0r
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Astina GT Turbo
Send a message via MSN to dave0r
my BPT conversion was the same with the fan no longer able to fit

so i just got a new 12" fan and hooked it up
works well
dave0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2007, 08:25 PM   #16
89sp1.8

Car: bg astina
Send a message via MSN to 89sp1.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89sp1.8

bump?
89sp1.8 is offline   Reply With Quote