bourbon
The Hairy Mod

Car: MINI Cooper S 2003
nah payner will hahaha...hes doin it...
bourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:02 PM   #143
mrpayner

Car: 2013 Mazda 6 GT Sedan - Soul Red
Well.. both of our camera's [kitty and mine] support dolby digital recording.. we should be right.. I can always take that out of the youtube version.. However once all the footage is compiled it's going onto a DVD that people will be able to order.

Ad's

2013 Mazda6 Diesel GT ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[Formerly] 2004 Mazda6 Luxury Sport
mrpayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:13 PM   #144
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
There was more rubbish at the start than actual footage

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:06 AM   #145
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
Hey all,

Much thanks to Durbon and Aaron for getting me as far as Thornleigh Maccas yesterday (no I did not eat any!) on their way to Forster to drop off his replacement gearbox. I met up with Brendan who drove my Astina down from Logan, and we are staying at Terri Hills in sunny Sydaney. So after a bit of a rest we went out with Redfrog and set off for a drive on the old Pacific HWY and looked at some views from a couple of lookouts, had drinks at some Marina and then dinner back at Terri Hills Tavern (soso).

The bed I slept on last night was rock hard, but much to my delight I had some of the best sleep I have had in years, so rock hard beds must be a good thing for me? It looks like I will be making my way home on Thursday, so I get a long weekend to myself to do whatever a Chicaboo needs to do before recomencing work on Monday.

My thanks goes out to Kitty and Aaron for putting me up for 2.5 weeks, or should I say putting up with me for 2.5 weeks. I also have to thank Durbon and Dhandi who drove me around a fair bit throughout my time there. And I'd like to thank everyone who took the time out to make the long journey from home to share in the festivities over the last 3 weeks.

I'm really looking forward to the Forster 2008 annual meet, and I hope to catch up with even more ppl through that long weekend.

Bali Belly no more,
Gav.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:17 PM   #146
chicaboo

Well I'm back home now, and although my body's sore and aching, it was great to have time away. I got lost going from Mittagong to Wollongong, but I did manage to find the most awesome twisties in a rain forest along the Illawarra HWY.

It must be said, Wyong feels just like the Browns Plains end of Logan... And although there are no houses anywhere, there are ppl everywhere, particulary at Westfield shopping centre, where it's just crazy (busier than the Hyperdome!).

Gav.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:13 AM   #147
KittyKatSmack
Banned

Car: Mazda
You got to Wollongong after all - wow, that was the back ass way of heading North lol. So did you see your friend down that way?

I'll have to get on to you about those wheels now too, seeing as you've seen the condition of the wheels on the COD. It's more a safety issue than anything else.

And I'm looking forward to your call because I haven't heard from you since you left here on Monday. It would be nice to hear a thankyou because I tried so hard to ensure you were always comfortable and taken care of. I hope I succeeded and that your two and a half week holiday here with us was enjoyable for you.

I'm resting up today, but I will be posting more up in order to thank everyone for all their efforts coming to visit over the festive season.
If this was to be my last Xmas, it was the besterest and I can't express in words how good it felt to have my 'family' around me.
Ups & Down's, Good & Bad, Summernats n all - Loved every second of it.

Luv,
Kitty
KittyKatSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:34 AM   #148
chicaboo

Yeah, it was a bit wet in Wollongong and there was fog over mount Kiera, so I didn't really get to see anything new except for the CBD, but that was a nice change anyhow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicaboo View Post
My thanks goes out to Kitty and Aaron for putting me up for 2.5 weeks, or should I say putting up with me for 2.5 weeks. I also have to thank Durbon and Dhandi who drove me around a fair bit throughout my time there. And I'd like to thank everyone who took the time out to make the long journey from home to share in the festivities over the last 3 weeks.
I know you wanted a phone call, but everyone wants one too, but I'm not much of a phone person (where is my phone anyhow? *looks around*), which is why I posted twice above, so that yourself and any others wondering about my situation could see my progress from Monday onward. Please don't measure my gratitude against a cellular phone.

I was hoping my thankyous in person and above were sufficient. But since I was on borrowed internet when I posted above, I will go into a little more detail for those who weren't able to attend: Kitty and Aaron went to much trouble to accommodate us all, and went out of their way to make our time there feel comfortable and festive for Christmas and New Years (decorations, lights, etc). We had lots of food and BBQs, and several industrious ppl pitched to help with the cooking too. I'm sure some of the fun we had was captured by Mr Payner's discreet video taping skills (hey, it was ceremonial). So once again, my thanks goes out to Kitty and Aaron, and those who participated and helped during the time there.

I hope you didn't push yourself too hard Kitty, and that the house hasn't been left in turmoil leaving you with a big clean-up (I tried to help with that on Saturday the best I could). If I didn't have to leave so early Monday morning, I would've been able to help moving the futon back into the main room.

Catch up on your rest, and hopefully you don't have to do too much or anything to do for your house inspection on the 14th. Now I'm back I've got 'rs'oles chasing me up about work again (I didn't announse it, so they must have a 6th sense???), and I am shortly falling back into my usual routine of work/sleep/work/sleep. So I will try to look at the wheels and tyres for you today or tomorrow, and have a talk to Brendan about shipment from Westpoint Auto or such.

Now read this, shutup and go lay down and get some rest.
Luv ya guts, Gav.

Last edited by chicaboo; 11-01-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:20 PM   #149
mrpayner

Car: 2013 Mazda 6 GT Sedan - Soul Red
Even though i've said thank you's in person as well, i would like to extend my gratitude to Kitty and Aaron for putting me up for the few days that i was in attendance. Or is that putting up with me? Anyway, i'm sure that we all had a great time and that the BBQ meals that were meticulously prepared by Aaron, and cooked by myself were appreciated. Hopefully my skillz behind the BBQ didn't disappoint, and Dan certainly didn't die.

So once again, thank you Kitty and Aaron. I had a great time!

Ad's

2013 Mazda6 Diesel GT ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[Formerly] 2004 Mazda6 Luxury Sport
mrpayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:23 AM   #150
KittyKatSmack
Banned

Car: Mazda
Guys n Gals,

I couldn't have asked for a better Xmas, each and every one of you contributed to ensure a good time was had by all.

To every single person that travelled, stayed, visited, passed through and stopped in for a bite to eat - mega Thankyou!

AstinaGT.com Family - You Rock!!!
KittyKatSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #151
bourbon
The Hairy Mod

Car: MINI Cooper S 2003
big thanks again...pitty we couldnt see you before we left but hey you did need your rest...keep restin...me and kaz got back last night at about 5:30...

finally got a chance to all the bits and pieces of the gearbox out and look at them and she is roooted its good in a way...but means less money hahha...

thanks for puttin up with me for 3 weeks...and kaz for 2.5
bourbon is offline   Reply With Quote