Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Forced Induction & Engine Conversions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
Sp20Bj220

Car: 2001 astina SP20
Question 2001 BJ Sp20 -Auto to Manual Conversion

Hey guys,

i have been a fan of astinaGT for a while (only today have i grown the courage to make an account haha) and i know auto - manual conversions have been covered from head to toe in the past (hence why i feel stupid asking this) but i havent been able to find much on the '01 BJ series Sp20. I am assuming that most of the fundamental parts are identical to the BG conversion as i have done my research over and over but ive been thinking :

-i heard that the auto ecu is not compatible with manual so are there differences between the SP20 ECU and the (for example) the Astina Shades ECU? if there is, should i just go aftermarket?
-should i really be hunting for sp20 parts or will the non sport parts work also?

i may have just started my quest on knowing about car parts and conversions but dont be afraid to get too technical as i want to learn as much as possible.
lastly, i know its cheaper to just sell my Sp20 and buy a manual but i have an unknown attachment to mine and ive saved up alot for this car and i intend to keep it for a while

thanks guys

Last edited by Sp20Bj220; 20-03-2013 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Wrong Title
Sp20Bj220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
manual, manual conversion, modifications