Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Your Rides/Project Worklog

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-10-2010, 05:11 PM   #11
Orion
SP20 Member!

Car: Mazda SP20 sedan
Fuse distribution block

So I have a number of accessories running the require power in the car. Some of these are already installed as best they can be by splicing wires and tapping into the stock fuse box.

Two things that are already in the car and definitely need power are the Microtech and the coilpacks. Things that are to be added in the near future that will require power are:
- HID headlight ballasts (x2 obviously)
- an aftermarket horn

So, while I was at battery world a while ago I asked them how I could best supply power to all these items in a simple compact unit. I was sold a power distribution block which has 6 power and 6 ground points. It takes mini-fuses with a maximum of 30 amps each and the whole block can handle up to 100 amps in total.

I had this lying around for a while deciding how best to hook it up and where to mount it. Eventually I put it where the battery used to be, mounting it using two bolts from the original battery tray (that is no longer there) and hooked it using a pre-existing bolt style connector for the battery relocation.

Here are some pics of the finished project:

The power distribution block is in the bottom right of the picture.

Here is what it looks like close up:

And this is it with the cover on:

I will slowly bring the Microtech and coilpack power sources across over the next few weeks, but it will take a bit of planning as they require relays as they don't run while the car is switched off.

I have completed a couple of other projects but I ran out of time to take piccies and do a write up but keep your eyes peeled as they should appear next weekend.

Cheers

Exhaust: Autoexe headers; Custom midpipe; Racing Beat catback
Engine: AWR mounts; Twiggy cams; Custom CAI; RR Racing UDP; Mishimoto rad
EMS: Microtech LT-10; J&S Safeguard;
Gearbox: MSP LSD; Fidanza flywheel; 5th gear
Rims/Suspension: MX-5 rims; Tokico Illuminas; Eibach Pro-kit; Progress RSB; AutoExe STB
Exterior: MSP front lip & rear spoiler; Matt V headlights; AutoExe grill; EDM tails
Interior: JVC AVX-77; Autometer gauges; DaveBs; B&M shifter
Projects to come: Engine rebuild

Last edited by Orion; 05-08-2014 at 11:25 PM.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote